Subject: [gaia] [ICTD X] Deadline Extended to Oct 1 for Open Sessions, Doctoral Consortium, Demos, & Pre-Published Papers

From: Esther Jang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 16:47:23 -0700

ICTD 2019
Jan 4-7, Ahmedabad, India

*Deadline Extended to Oct 1 *

Open Sessions, Doctoral Consortium, Demos, & Pre-Published Papers

The international conference on Information and Communication Technologies
and Development (ICTD) is organized every 12-18 months, and brings together
researchers and practitioners working across domains, sectors, and
disciplines to study the role of ICT in social, political, and economic
development. First organized at the University of California Berkeley, USA,
in 2006, the tenth ICTD is scheduled to be held at the Indian Institute of
Management Ahmedabad, India, from January 4th to 7th, 2019.

At the tenth ICTD, or ICTD X at IIM Ahmedabad, the conference’s focus is on
growing our community to welcome researchers from related disciplines and
practitioners, and supporting young researchers of ICTD as they pursue
their research trajectories. Join us via any of the following tracks below:

OPEN SESSIONS

Open Sessions will welcome a variety of submissions and formats.
Submissions can include proposals for events such as panels, workshops,
design jams, and more, ideally fostering dialog and participation from
researchers and practitioners. The call for participation is here:
http://ictdx.org/open-sessions/

DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM

We invite Ph.D. students to present their research before fellow doctoral
students and experts, with the hope that this will support exchange of
ideas, solicit constructive feedback from experts, develop mentor-mentee
relationships, and expand collaborative research networks. The DC is an
excellent opportunity for young scholars to learn about the richly diverse
ICTD community as they develop their dissertation research. The call is
here: http://ictdx.org/doctoral-consortium/

DEMOS

We invite participants to present ongoing projects, including researchers
with significant field components, practitioners seeking community
feedback, or developers with early stage prototypes. Demos should offer
insights to real-world problems and/or solutions, and can include hardware,
software, or physical artifacts. The call for participation is here:
http://ictdx.org/demos/

PRE-PUBLISHED PAPERS

We invite papers accepted for publication at other venues over the
preceding year and a half (from Jan. 1, 2017 through July 15, 2018), so
that ICTD attendees can benefit from conversations happening outside the
conference. Inclusion of these papers into the conference program will
depend on relevance to the program and availability of slots. Accepted
papers will be invited for an oral presentation. The call for participation
is here: http://ictdx.org/participate/

DATES

Oct. 1, 2018: Deadline for Open Sessions, Doctoral Consortium,
Pre-Published Papers, and Demos

All submissions are due at 11:59pm (Anywhere on Earth time).

Updates will be posted on Facebook (http://facebook.com/ictdx), Twitter
(@ictdx), and our website (http://ictdx.org). Email us with any questions
at [email-masked].

ORGANIZERS

GENERAL

Rajesh Chandwani (Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad India)

Pushpendra Singh (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
India)

PRACTICE

Neil Patel (Awaaz.De, Ahmedabad India)

Rikin Gandhi (Digital Green, San Francisco USA)

PROGRAM

Neha Kumar (Georgia Tech, Atlanta USA)

Rajesh Veeraraghavan (Georgetown University, Washington DC USA)

POSTERS

David Nemer (University of Kentucky, Lexington USA)

Syed Ishtiaque Ahmed (University of Toronto, Toronto Canada)

OPEN SESSIONS

Aditya Vashistha (University of Washington, Seattle USA)

Michaelanne Dye (Georgia Tech, Atlanta USA)

Nithya Sambasivan (Google, San Francisco USA)

DEMOS

Kurtis Heimerl (University of Washington, Seattle USA)

DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM

Nimmi Rangaswamy (Indian Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
India)

Vigneswara Ilavarasan (Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi India)

Aditya Johri (George Mason University, Fairfax USA)

TRAVEL

Shriram Venkatraman (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology,
Delhi India)

Anupriya Tuli (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
India)

Deepika Yadav (Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
India)

COMMUNICATIONS

Naveena Karusala (University of Washington, Seattle USA)

Esther Jang (University of Washington, Seattle USA)

DESIGN

Shruti Dalvi (Georgia Tech, Atlanta USA)

ACCESSIBILITY

Vaishnav Kameswaran (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor USA)

LOCAL OUTREACH

Divy Thakkar (Google, Bangalore India)