Subject: [gaia] TVWS in Philippines

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 21:01:05 +0000

Team GAIA,

Does anyone know whats the current state of the TVWS regulation
in Philippines?

DICT published this 6 days ago
http://dict.gov.ph/inclusive-ict-for-smarter-philippines/tv-whitespace-initiative/
- so was wondering if anyone had any gossip to share?

Regards

-- 

Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://sathiaseelan.org

---

From: Jonathan Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 08:27:05 +0800

In July & August this year I spent some time researching & writing about
emerging technologies in the Philippines, and was the technical contributor
to an Asia Foundation paper:
https://asiafoundation.org/publication/from-analog-to-digital/

I found evidence of one active TVWS deployment with fewer than ten
subscriber stations, sharing a pool of around 10 Mbps of bandwidth. No one
in govt or civil society could point me to any other active projects.

Like the DICT's pipol konek Wi-Fi project, where around 13% of the project
has been deployed after 4.5 years, it seems talking about wireless and
handing out cash is easier than building it.

-JB

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018, 05:01 Arjuna Sathiaseelan <
[email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> gaia mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia
>