Subject: [gaia] [CFP] 6th CASPer Workshop 2019 (with IEEE PERCOM 2019 - Kyoto, Japan - March 2019)

From: CASPer 2018 Publicity <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 15:30:50 +0900

[Apologies for cross and multiple postings]

********************************************************************
6th International Workshop on Crowd Assisted Sensing, Pervasive Systems and
Communications (CASPer 2019)
http://plus.shibaura-it.ac.jp/conf/casper2019/
in conjunction with 17th IEEE Conference on Pervasive Computing and
Communications, PERCOM 2019
March 11-15th 2019, Kyoto Japan
********************************************************************
Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit your work to the 6th International
Workshop on Crowd Assisted Sensing, Pervasive Systems and Communications
(CASPer 2019), held in conjunction with the 17th IEEE International
Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2019). We
would appreciate if you could circulate this email to colleagues and
relevant mailing lists.

Call for Papers

With smart-phones in their pockets, more than 1 billion people now have
access to sensing, computation, and connectivity, making it possible to
harness the power of the crowd to collect and share data about their
surroundings and experiences on a massive scale. Crowdsensing/crowdsourcing
is a novel data collection paradigm that leverages this vast mobile sensor
network, making it possible to expand the scope of research endeavors and
address civic issues without requiring the purchase of specialized sensors
or the installation and maintenance of network infrastructure. Data
collected using such applications may come from unexpected yet interesting
and valuable sources and may allow for collecting data in previously
inaccessible locations and contexts.

This new data collection paradigm introduces several research challenges.
Privacy is a primary concern for users who contribute sensitive or
personally identifiable information (PII). Incentive mechanisms for
participation may be needed to encourage people to volunteer their
resources to collect data. Methods are needed for processing large-scale,
user-generated data sets into meaningful information, and for assessing and
understanding the quality of information to help guide decision-making.
Approaches, which involve the crowd in such data analysis tasks, with
humans serving as a source of semantic information, interpretation, and
evaluation of crowdsensing/crowdsourcing data, can also help to build an
understanding of the physical, computational, and socio-technical
environment.

At the same time, with the deployment of a tremendous number of sensing
devices collecting a huge amount of data for smart cities, smart home,
connected cars, e-halth or Industries, the Internet of Things is also
facing similar challenges regarding data privacy, scalability, data
processing or visualization. Thus, there is need to provide relevant data
science tools for citizens in order to extract all the properties of the
data and provide novel integrated services with data from the crowd or
sensors.

The objective of this workshop is to provide a forum for discussion,
debate, and collaboration focused on ideas, trends, techniques, and recent
advances in crowdsensing and crowdsourcing, as well as Internet of Things
and sensed devices. Similarly to our past editions, CASPer 2019 will also
feature an invited speech and a panel discussion devoted to the latest key
developments in the crowdsensing and crowdsourcing domain.

We invite original research contributions that advance the state-of-the-art
as well as position papers, which pose a new direction or present a
controversial point of view. Topics of interest include, but are not
limited to:
-Algorithms to handle, process, and visualize large-scale
crowdsensing/crowdsourcing data sets, e.g. big data analytics in
crowdsensing/crowdsourcing
-Data integrity, security, privacy, and provenance for
crowdsensing/crowdsourcing data
-Trust and reputation systems for crowdsensing/crowdsourcing applications
-Determining and assessing Quality of Information for
crowdsensing/crowdsourcing data
-Crowd-assisted (human-in-the-loop) approaches to analyzing
crowdsensing/crowdsourcing data
-Context modeling and reasoning in crowdsensing/crowdsourcing applications
-Incentive mechanisms for participation in crowdsensing/crowdsourcing
applications
-Supporting crowdsensing/crowdsourcing in heterogeneous networks
-Crowd assisted pervasive systems and communications
-Novel use of sensors for crowdsensing/crowdsourcing applications
-Energy-efficient mechanisms for crowdsensing/crowdsourcing applications
-Programming abstractions and middleware for crowdsensing/crowdsourcing
applications
-Novel large-scale crowdsensing/crowdsourcing applications
-Citizen science and Data science tools for Crowdsourcing and Crowdsensing
-Internet of Things, Decision Support System, sustainability support,
prototyping, test-beds, and real-world implementations.

Submitted papers must be original contributions that are unpublished and
are not currently under consideration for publication by other venues.
Submissions are limited to a maximum length of 6 pages and must adhere to
IEEE format (2 column, 10pt. font). Templates are available via the
workshop website. Accepted papers will be published in the IEEE PerCom
Workshop Proceedings. Note, that each accepted paper requires a full PERCOM
registration including workshop (no registration is available for workshops
only).

Submission link:
https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=25219

Important Dates:
-Submission deadline: November 10, 2018
-Author Notification: December 22, 2018
-Camera ready due: January 12, 2019
-Registration Deadline: January 12, 2019
-PERCOM 2019: March 11-15, 2019

General Chairs
Thomas SILVERSTON – Shibaura Institute of Technology – Japan
Yu WANG – University of North Carolina in Charlotte – USA

Program Chairs
Luke DICKENS – University College of London – United Kingdom
Imre LENDAK – University of Novi Sad (UNS), Serbia & Eötvös Loránd
University (ELTE), Hungary