Subject: [gaia] CFP - The 22nd IEEE Global Internet Symposium (GI 2019) - Deadline January 6th, 2019

From: Amreesh Phokeer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 23:30:24 +0400

================================================================================

The 22nd IEEE Global Internet Symposium (GI 2019)

in conjunction with IEEE INFOCOM 2019
April 29 – May 2, 2019, Paris, France

<http://infocom2019.ieee-infocom.org/ieee-global-internet-symposium>

The Global Internet (GI) Symposium is the flagship event established and
organized by the Internet Technical Committee (ITC), a joint committee of
the IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) and the Internet Society (ISOC).

Important Dates

Submission: Jan. 6, 2018
Decisions: Feb. 10, 2019
Camera ready: March 10, 2019

================================================================================

The IEEE Global Internet Symposium aims to provide a top forum for
researchers and practitioners to present and discuss advances in Internet
related technologies. The focus of the symposium is on experimental systems
and emerging future Internet technologies, and especially on scaling such
systems to the global scale of the Internet.

This year, Global Internet Symposium will have a special focus on
developing countries, especially measurements-related aspects. In addition
to the traditional research papers, we also encourage well-thought-through
position papers, papers that compare proposed approaches, papers that
clarify and compare inherent differences between competing technologies,
and heresy.

The topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:

Routing, switching, and addressing
Software defined networks and network function virtualization
Geo-distributed applications, consistency and latency challenges
Content delivery and management
Internet eXchanges and remote peering
Internet structure and analysis tools
Network-aware applications
Distributed Systems
Next generation network architectures
Novel Distributed Internet applications including live video streaming, and
real-time large-scale games
Online social networking
Peer to Peer networks
Novel applications and new paradigms
Internet measurement, modeling, and visualization
Large scale network operation and performance monitoring
Privacy, security, and censorship issues on the Internet
Anomaly, intrusion and attack detection
Economic aspects of the Internet and network neutrality

================================================================================

Program Committee Chairs:
Steve Uhlig (QMUL, UK)
Felix Cuadrado (QMUL, UK)

Developing countries track:
Ahmed Elmokashfi (Simula, Norway)
Alessandro Improta (IIT-CNR, Italy)