Subject: [gaia] Fwd: [TIER] Compass 2019, Accra, Ghana, 3-5 July 2019

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 18:09:23 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Richard Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018, 16:43
Subject: [TIER] Compass 2019, Accra, Ghana, 3-5 July 2019
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>,
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>

*Computing and Sustainable Societies 2019*

*Accra, Ghana | 3-5 July 2019 *

*Conference Announcement*

This is a preliminary announcement of the second annual ACM SIGCAS
Conference on Computing and Sustainable Societies (COMPASS2019) which will
be held in Accra, Ghana from July 3-5, 2019.

COMPASS is a re-creation of the ACM DEV conference, which was held annually
between 2010 and 2016.    The first COMPASS was held in Menlo Park,
California in 2018.   The COMPASS conference expands the focus of the
original ACM DEV conference to explicitly welcome work on underrepresented
communities worldwide   and to include work on sustainability.    To ensure
strong technical contributions, the conference will accept papers based on
tracks corresponding to the computing areas they draw upon.  The tracks for
the 2018 conference were Systems, HCI, Data Science/AI, and
Applications.

Accra, Ghana, as the capital of a dynamic west African nation will be an
excellent venue for the conference to bring together researchers working in
areas of information and communication for development (ICTD), HCI,
computational sustainability, and AI for social impact.   The conference
will be held at a hotel in downtown Accra.

The conference will have full papers and notes.  The program committee
chairs will be announced soon along with a call for papers.   The
submission date is likely to be in March 2019.

*General Conference Chair*

Richard Anderson, University of Washington

*Program Committee Chairs*

To be announced soon

*Notes Chairs                                      *

To be announced soon
Local Arrangement Chairs

Angela Owusu Ansah,  Asheshi University

Nathan Amanquah, Asheshi University

Ayorkor Korsah, Asheshi University

*CSG Steering Committee*

Richard Anderson,  University of Washington

Nicola Dell, Cornell Tech

Melissa Densmore,  University of Cape Town

Carla Gomes, Cornell University

Jennifer Mankoff, University of Washington

Aaditeshwar Seth, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi

Lakshmi Subramanian, New York University

Miland Tambe, University of Southern California

Bill Thies,  Microsoft Research New England

Ellen Zegura, Georgia Tech

_______________________________________________
TIER mailing list
Website: http://tier.cs.berkeley.edu
[email-masked]
https://www.millennium.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tier