Subject: [gaia] Deadline Extended: CFP LIMITS 2019 - Fifth Workshop on Computing within LIMITS

From: Kurtis Heimerl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 23:23:59 -0800

Call for Papers
--------------------
LIMITS 2019
Fifth Workshop on Computing within LIMITS
June 10-11, 2018
Lappeenranta, Finland
http://computingwithinlimits.org/2019/

The ACM LIMITS workshop aims to foster discussion on the impact of present
and future ecological, material, energetic, and societal limits on
computing. These topics are seldom discussed in contemporary computing
research. A key aim of the workshop is to promote innovative, concrete
research, potentially of an interdisciplinary nature, that focuses on
technologies, critiques, techniques, and contexts for computing within
fundamental economic and ecological limits. A longer-term goal is to build
a community around relevant topics and research. We hope to impact society
through the design and development of computing systems in the abundant
present for use in a future of limits. A recent article in the
Communications of the ACM provides a good primer on Computing within
Limits. This year we are co-locating with ICT4S in Europe.

Abstract registration deadline: Feb 15, 2019, 11:59pm Pacific Time
Paper submission deadline: Feb 22, 2019, 11:59pm Pacific Time
Paper reviews available: March 28, 2019

Submissions: https://limits19.hotcrp.com

Jay Chen, NYU Abu Dhabi, [email-masked], Workshop Co-Chair
Oliver Bates, Lancaster University, [email-masked], Workshop
Co-Chair

For more information, please visit: http://computingwithinlimits.org/2019/

-- 
Public Key: https://flowcrypt.com/pub/[email-masked]