Subject: [gaia] The AUC International Conference for Research on African Challenges (ICRAC), No Poverty

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 20:10:33 +0000

an ICTD conference in Cairo, Egypt run by AUC -

the subtract: Poverty in the Digital world will be of interest:

https://www.aucegypt.edu/research/conferences/international-conference-african-challenges

from the cfp: https://documents.aucegypt.edu/Docs/research/call%20for%20papers.pdf
This conference sub-track solicits original, unpublished work on the
key role of information and computing technologies in realizing
Digital Transformation which is projected to play a pivotal role in
combating poverty and developing societies in disadvantaged, rural
communities in Africa, in particular, and in developing countries
around the globe. This includes, but is not limited to, the important
role of innovative digital technologies in: understanding and
analyzing poverty dynamics, agriculture and food security, safety and
security, combating illiteracy, education, management of natural
resources, preventing energy poverty, healthcare services, public
health, preventive medicine, reducing unemployment rates, economic
growth, transportation, cost-effective Internet connectivity for
rural, underserved communities, society development, sustainable
societies, trading and services on the go, e.g., mHealth, mEducation,
mCommerce, etc.

* Conf. timeline:
  - March 1st: ICRAC website is launched
  - March 15th: Call for Abstracts opens
  - May 15th: Submission deadline
  - June 15th: Notification of the review decision
  - Dec. 4th, 5th: ICRAC Conf.
-- 

Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://sathiaseelan.org