Subject: [gaia] African telecom news resource

From: Steve Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 12:48:27 -0300

Hi all,

Some of you may have read the annual reviews of African telecommunications
infrastructure (
https://manypossibilities.net/series/africa-telecom-infrastructure/) that I
have been able to do thanks to NSRC.  All of the links to news articles
that inform those reviews are stored with (mostly) structured metadata on
https://pinboard.in.

Here's a little how-to on how you can mine this news collection for your
own purposes.

https://manypossibilities.net/2019/03/how-to-mine-my-africa-telecom-news-data/

Cheers... Steve Song

-- 
+1 902 529 0046
[email-masked]
http://nsrc.org

---

From: Steve Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 09:33:06 -0300

And as a bonus for researchers concerned about link rot, you can
automatically archive  the content of your own links on Pinboard with
Archive.io (https://archivebox.io/)  Or for $25 (as opposed to $11) per
year, Pinboard will archive both links and content.

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 at 12:48, Steve Song <[email-masked]> wrote:

> https://manypossibilities.net/series/africa-telecom-infrastructure/) that
> I have been able to do thanks to NSRC.  All of the links to news articles

-- 
+1 902 529 0046
[email-masked]
http://nsrc.org