Subject: [gaia] FW: [107all] IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled

From: Jane Coffin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 20:03:34 +0000

Dear All -

We are working closely with the IESG to work on what the virtual agenda will look like.
Please see below for the most recent info from the IESG.
Please stand-by for more information!

Best to all,
Jane/Leandro

On 3/10/20, 3:58 PM, "107all on behalf of The IESG" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    The IESG and the IRTF Chair have decided to cancel the in-person IETF 107 Vancouver meeting. This decision is based on input we gathered from Working Group (WG) and Research Group (RG) chairs about our ability to hold productive WG and RG sessions at IETF 107. Our assessment of this feedback is that a majority of sessions would not be viable if we were to hold the in-person IETF meeting. On this basis, we believe we cannot hold an effective in-person meeting. 
    
    As a result of this cancellation, the in-person Hackathon, Code Sprint, all other in-person events planned for the weekend of March 21-22, the chairs training scheduled for March 20, and all other in-person sessions during the week are cancelled.
    
    The IESG is working on an alternative all-virtual agenda for the week of March 21-27 with a limited schedule adapted to accommodate the time zones of as many participants as possible. We are also planning to support an increased volume of virtual interim meetings during the weeks that follow. We will send another update to the community soon with more information about these plans. The Hackathon organizers are also considering plans for virtual Hackathon support.
    
    We have re-opened Internet-Draft submissions, which had been closed on March 9 in anticipation of the in-person meeting. Internet-Drafts may be submitted at <https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/>.
    
    A separate announcement from the IETF Executive Director will follow with details about registration cancellations and refunds.  
    
    These are unusual times given the circumstances created by the spread of COVID-19.  We hope that everyone remains safe and healthy.
    
    Regards,
    The IESG and the IRTF Chair
    
    -- 
    107all mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/107all

---

From: Luis Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 18:13:24 -0700

Thanks, and hope to get the information, ICANN 67 has been a surprise on
how to implement a large scale meeting.
Cheers,
Luis

On March 10, 2020 at 1:03:55 PM, Jane Coffin ([email-masked]) wrote:

Dear All -

We are working closely with the IESG to work on what the virtual agenda
will look like.
Please see below for the most recent info from the IESG.
Please stand-by for more information!

Best to all,
Jane/Leandro

On 3/10/20, 3:58 PM, "107all on behalf of The IESG" <
[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

The IESG and the IRTF Chair have decided to cancel the in-person IETF 107
Vancouver meeting. This decision is based on input we gathered from Working
Group (WG) and Research Group (RG) chairs about our ability to hold
productive WG and RG sessions at IETF 107. Our assessment of this feedback
is that a majority of sessions would not be viable if we were to hold the
in-person IETF meeting. On this basis, we believe we cannot hold an
effective in-person meeting.

As a result of this cancellation, the in-person Hackathon, Code Sprint, all
other in-person events planned for the weekend of March 21-22, the chairs
training scheduled for March 20, and all other in-person sessions during
the week are cancelled.

The IESG is working on an alternative all-virtual agenda for the week of
March 21-27 with a limited schedule adapted to accommodate the time zones
of as many participants as possible. We are also planning to support an
increased volume of virtual interim meetings during the weeks that follow.
We will send another update to the community soon with more information
about these plans. The Hackathon organizers are also considering plans for
virtual Hackathon support.

We have re-opened Internet-Draft submissions, which had been closed on
March 9 in anticipation of the in-person meeting. Internet-Drafts may be
submitted at <https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/>.

A separate announcement from the IETF Executive Director will follow with
details about registration cancellations and refunds.

These are unusual times given the circumstances created by the spread of
COVID-19. We hope that everyone remains safe and healthy.

Regards,

_______________________________________________
gaia mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia