Subject: [gaia] Invitation for Spanish speakers

From: Juliana Guerra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 14:02:31 -0500

Hello everyone, I'm sharing this call by Colombian NGO Colnodo, to share
knowledge around some challenges a community network is facing right
now. I'm sorry if you received it in another channel, hope Spanish
speakers could join.

https://redescomunitarias.co/es/noticias/cafe-colaborativo-de-redes-comunitarias-colombia

Regards!

Juliana Guerra

---

From: Vesna Manojlovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 13:00:33 +0100 (CET)

aaaand one more:

here's an interesting call for contributions about alternative / 
networking / community topics:

"Radical Networks invites the community to envision, learn, engage, and 
share work around the current state and health of the internet and the 
future of digital networks and the open web. It is a forum for people who 
are curious about what drives these technologies that we are all dependent 
on and what is the creative potential, vulnerabilities, and opportunities 
to create with these technologies and take ownership back.
"

https://radicalnetworks.org/call-for-submissions/

https://radicalnetworks.org/call-for-submissions/es.html

  Each Quarterly Issue will focus on a different region of the world or 
particularly under-served, under-represented, overlooked, and marginalized 
communities. We are looking for people to interview, projects to 
highlight/profile, DIY tutorials to feature, and for guest contributions.

Our first release, schedule for May 1, 2021, will focus on LATIN AMERICA. 
The publication will exist both online as a website, digital download 
(PDF), and in a printed format. We may also release content in other 
formats - we are open to ideas and experimentation.
The deadline for print ready submissions is March 22, 2021.
We also greatly encourage your suggestions for people or projects we can 
research, familiarize ourselves with, and potentially get in touch with to 
interview or feature this May.

The deadline for submitting suggestions is February 22, 2021.

Share & Enjoy,
Vesna

--
community, cooperation, commons, squirrels // http://becha.home.xs4all.nl
nature, anarchy, utopia, un-anthropocene // https://www.unciv.nl // @Ms_Multicolor

---

From: Rafael Diniz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 23:52:45 -0300

Please don't forget the biggest country in Latin America, which hold
half of the Amazon forest speaks Portuguese. Focus on Latin America just
for Spanish speakers is at least biased.

Rafael

On 2/17/21 9:00 AM, Vesna Manojlovic wrote:
> future of digital networks and the open web. It is a forum for people
> who are curious about what drives these technologies that we are all
> dependent on and what is the creative potential, vulnerabilities, and
> opportunities to create with these technologies and take ownership back.
> "
> 
> particularly under-served, under-represented, overlooked, and
> marginalized communities. We are looking for people to interview,
> projects to highlight/profile, DIY tutorials to feature, and for guest
> contributions.
> 
> Our first release, schedule for May 1, 2021, will focus on LATIN
> AMERICA. The publication will exist both online as a website, digital
> download (PDF), and in a printed format. We may also release content in
> other formats - we are open to ideas and experimentation.
> research, familiarize ourselves with, and potentially get in touch with
> to interview or feature this May.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> gaia mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia

---

From: Juliao Braga <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 08:53:50 -0300

Rafael is right! Add the fact that a country with continental 
characteristics has huge Internet access problems, some of them strongly 
offending digital rights, in particular the rights of students from the 
basic education system (before entering university).

About these difficulties I respectfully ask for permission to indicate, 
here in this WG, a paper, which may clarify: "Digital divide in Internet 
access among literate students until entering University: a Brazilian 
project proposal", available at https://frenxiv.org/fbntz/ or in 
Portuguese: "Diminuindo a desigualdade no acesso à Internet entre 
estudantes alfabetate até a entrada na Universidade" ->https://osf.io/kg3r4/

The article proposes to expand the use of 'eduroam', available worldwide.

Juliao

---

From: Vesna Manojlovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 18:04:56 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

Please send your submissions to [email-masked]
(i'm just a messanger...)

Vesna