Subject: [gaia] Fwd: Two Postdoc Position Opportunities at CMU-Africa

From: Amreesh Phokeer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 20:16:12 +0400

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Assane Gueye <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 2:48 PM
Subject: Two Postdoc Position Opportunities at CMU-Africa

Dear Colleagues,

Please help distribute these two postdoc opportunities at CMU-Africa (see
below and attached).

Thank you!

Assane

===============

*Postdoc in Digital Identity System:*

*Carnegie Mellon University Africa (CMU-Africa,
https://www.africa.engineering.cmu.edu/
<https://www.africa.engineering.cmu.edu/>) invites applications for a fully
funded postdoctoral research associate position around the design,
implementation, and deployment of digital identity management systems in
resource/infrastructure limited environment.*

*Digital financial services (DFS) constitute a key strategic pillar to
advance financial inclusion in developing regions. Financial inclusion
leverages innovative digital technologies involving new players, new
business models, and new distribution channels servicing a set of new
consumers typically using low-cost devices with limited security features.
However, given the digital nature of financial service delivery in low
capacity countries, cyber risk is rapidly growing and dynamically evolving.
A large hack of a financial inclusion related system erodes trust in DFS
from both regulators as well as consumers. Hence, protecting DFS in
underserved areas should be a priority in the digitalization process of
economies.*

*More can be found here
<https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2015852>...*

*Postdoc in Resilience of Self-Organized Networks*:

Carnegie Mellon University Africa (CMU-Africa,
https://www.africa.engineering.cmu.edu/) invites applications for a fully
funded postdoctoral research associate position in *Security and Resilience
of Self-Organized Networks* at its location in Kigali, Rwanda.

This international research effort aims at developing models and algorithms
for security, resilience, and agility of next generation communication
networks (e.g., 5G, SDN). These networks are expected to have a high degree
of self-organization and will be composed of several sub-systems, each
being a self-organized system by itself. The complex interactions of these
multiple decision-making systems lead to emergent behaviors that are
unintended and unanticipated. However, given the vital role they play in
our modern society, these networks must be secure and able to withstand and
rapidly recover from all hazards.
Successful candidate is expected to develop high-quality research and forge
productive collaborations. The postdoc is expected to leverage recent
developments in cybersecurity models, game theory, and machine learning to
develop tools and algorithms that will lead to the design, implementation,
and operation of self-organized networks with the necessary resilience and
performance guarantees.

*More can be found
<https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2015852>here
<https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2015725>...*

-- 
Amreesh Phokeer