Subject: [gaia] Invitation: Launch of ADB paper on LEO satellite broadband constellations and the impact for Asia

From: John Garrity <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 08:03:20 +0800

Colleagues,

For those of you working on internet connectivity infrastructure, I want to
alert you that we are launching an ADB Sustainable Development Working
paper, titled "*Digital Connectivity and Low Earth Orbit Satellite
Constellations: Opportunities for Asia and the Pacific*" focused on
introducing and guiding governments, policy leaders and development
organizations on the impact of significant investment in LEO satellite
broadband constellations.

The launch is on April 28th at 11:30am Manila time, covering an
introduction to the report as well as expert respondents.
Register here:
https://events.development.asia/learning-events/digital-connectivity-and-low-earth-orbit-satellite-constellations-opportunities-asia
The paper will be available for download by the event date at that link, as
well as part of the ADB Sustainable Development Working Paper Series.
<https://www.adb.org/publications/series/sustainable-development-working-papers>

*Please do share with your networks, particularly government and
development peers in the region (and beyond) that may be interested. *And
as always, happy to have follow up discussion.

All the best,

John

-- 
ADB Sustainable Development Working Paper Launch Event:

*Digital Connectivity and Low Earth Orbit Satellite Constellations:
Opportunities for Asia and the Pacific *
Space technology innovation is attracting major investment, dropping launch
costs and rapidly improving the capabilities of satellites. A new ADB paper
looks at how Low Earth Orbit satellite constellations can help provide
low-cost, high-capacity internet for remote populations, landlocked
countries, and small island developing states. Can this technology help us
bridge the digital divide and unlock development opportunities? When might
this become a reality? Join the launch, featuring expert views on how
governments might pro-actively pursue opportunities.
Register:
https://events.development.asia/learning-events/digital-connectivity-and-low-earth-orbit-satellite-constellations-opportunities-asia