Subject: [gaia] Seattle Community Network crowd-fundraiser

From: Esther Jang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:35:04 -0700

Dear Global CN community,

I hope you have all weathered the pandemic all right. <3

The Seattle Community Network <https://seattlecommunitynetwork.org/> we're
working on at UW just launched a GoFundMe campaign for some new funding
goals for this year that will help expand our impact, including our youth
STEM education program based on community networking:
http://gofundme.com/f/seattle-community-network-internet-access-for-all
https://youtu.be/3DC9KfmACrI

Here are some links with more information about the project (updates are in
the works):
UW News article:
https://news.cs.washington.edu/2020/12/04/uw-researchers-work-to-decrease-the-digital-divide-in-the-puget-sound-region/
Introductory slide deck:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1fHhjapv8LbR5_ZYeG9mM0y6Rg3PSlYeyAP6RXuj2kpQ/edit?usp=sharing
Blog post (from last year- update coming!):
https://medium.com/uw-ictd/community-networks-in-seattle-a-call-to-action-b11e944d0a19

It’d be great if you could please help share this on your networks (no pun
intended), and/or donate- every little bit helps!!

Thanks so much,
-Esther