Subject: [gaia] Fwd: FW: Masters and PhD Scholarship opportunity at UCT Computer Science - commencing in 2022

From: Melissa Densmore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 10:06:29 +0200

*Subject:* [net4d] Masters and PhD Scholarship opportunity at UCT Computer
Science - commencing in 2022

Please share with potential postgraduate students in your networks.

----------

*PhD and MSc scholarship* opportunities at UCT, Computer Science, starting
in 2022. The prospective candidates will work on exploring effective ways
of analysing and drawing insights about peering, traffic localization and
interconnection opportunities in Africa.

www.josiahchavula.com/improving-africa-route-analysis/

1) PhD in Computer Science at UCT:

We are offering a R180,000/year scholarship for a full-time PhD student.
The successful candidate will study techniques for analysis and
visualisation of Africa’s Internet topology (routing/peering) and metrics.

2) Masters Scholarship – Computer Science at at UCT:

We are offering a R160,000/year scholarship for full-time masters study in
Computer Science (by dissertation).  The successful candidate will explore
efficient techniques for data pipelining, scheduling and synchronization of
routing/peering datasets. This will include evaluating strategies for data
replication and caching.

If interested or need further details, email Dr Josiah Chavula at
[email-masked], providing a brief description of your academic
background and experience.

Thank you!

Josiah

-- 

Dr. Josiah Chavula

Department of Computer Science

University of Cape Town

Cape Town, South Africa

Tel: +27 21 650 1330

Email: [email-masked]

Web: https://www.cs.uct.ac.za/

Home: www.josiahchavula.com
Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies
and email disclaimer published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/main/email-disclaimer or obtainable from +27 21 650
9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by
the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or
abuse via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.