Subject: [gaia] Routing for Communities film festival - 3 December

From: Carlos Rey-Moreno <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 16:33:40 +0000

Dear all,

The Local Networks (LocNet) initiative, led by APC in partnership with
Rhizomatica, is pleased to invite you to the *Routing for Communities film
festival*, an online screening of short films about community networks and
people decentralising the internet for change. Taking place on *3 December
(Friday)*, the film festival offers the opportunity to see a series of
creative and inspiring short videos produced by communities in Africa, Asia
and Latin America.

We will be publicly screening for the first time a series of short films
made by communities and organisations, after a process of feedback and
exchange with the LocNet initiative for the past few years. We will also
present films made by APC members and LocNet partners on diverse
experiences with community networks. The films capture the different
contexts and initiatives of community networks around the world, exploring
both the challenges and joys of their work, and also the relationship
between the right to communication through access to communications
technologies and other fundamental rights and ways of living.

Please join us on 3 December, when 12 short films will be presented in two
screening sessions of six videos each, aimed at covering different time
zones: one at 9:00 UTC and another at 14:00 UTC. The sessions will also
open up the opportunity for a Q&A with the filmmakers and/or community
members involved in the production of the films.

*Save the date and register to attend here:*

   - Session 1 - 9:00 UTC
   <https://apc-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Qr2pLDnfSJCSdKrSoPuKXQ>
   (English)

   - Session 2 - 14:00 UTC
   <https://apc-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YsUoRI6fSbeJ7EmAJv4naQ>
(English,
   Spanish and Portuguese):

We will use the email registered and the APC website
<https://www.apc.org/en/node/37784/> to provide further information on the
films being screened.

*About the Local Networks (LocNet) initiative*
Led by APC in partnership with Rhizomatica, LocNet aims to directly support
the work of community networks and contribute to an enabling ecosystem for
the emergence and growth of community-based connectivity activities in the
global South. Support for the production of some of the films and the film
festival was made possible through funding from the Swedish International
Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) as part of the project "Connecting
the unconnected: Supporting community networks and other community-based
connectivity initiatives".

-- 
Carlos Rey-Moreno, PhD
Co-lead Local Networks: Policy and Strategy
Association for Progressive Communications
https://www.apc.org/en/project/local-access-networks-can-unconnected-connect-themselves
Cel: +27 (0) 76 986 3633
Skype: carlos.reymoreno Twitter: Creym