Subject: [Gen-art] Review of draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-07

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:08:26 +0200

Document: draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-07
Reviewer: Harald Alvestrand
Summary: Ready for publication as PS

It's a relief to be able to give a brief review for once!

This document looks to me as if it is a competent restatement of the 
management portions of an IEEE specification into "MIB language".
Since I don't know the base technology, I can't verify the mapping, but it 
fits very well with what I understand of the technology.

The MIB revision history gives an adequate understanding of what has 
changed, and the compliance statements give appropriate warning about the 
fixes applied to the previous version (and the machinery for compliance 
statements means that a manager can check whether a device is compliant 
with this version or the previous version, methinks).

I'm assuming that Bert's done his usual thorough job of MIB-compiler 
checking.

Ship it!

                    Harald

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:51:33 +0200

> It's a relief to be able to give a brief review for once!

As Bill Fenner computed, 30 to 40% of drafts attract at least
one DISCUSS and I often get very close to placing a DISCUSS
for major editorial issues.

I'd really like to achieve a culture change where WG Chairs
take real responsibility for delivering drafts that don't
attract DISCUSS. If we could get there, most of the complaints
against the IESG would vanish - and we'd avoid a bottleneck.

     Brian

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:29:35 +0100

That would certainly be nice!

The range of quality we see has been exemplified by the 4 drafts I just 
reviewed which could be rated around (95, 85, 70, 10) on a scale of 0 to 
100 for technical merit and even wider on comprehensibility!

Elwyn