Subject: [Gen-art] review of: draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2538bis-08

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:59:57 +0300

GenART is the Area Review Team for the General Area of the IETF.

We advise the General Area Director (i.e. the IETF/IESG chair) by
providing more in depth reviews than he could do himself of documents
that come up for final decision in IESG telechat.  I was selected as the
GenART member to review this document.  Below is my review, which was
written specifically with an eye to the GenART process, but since I
believe that it will be useful to have these comments more widely
distributed, others outside the GenART group are included.

Review criteria for WG submissions: "Is this document a reasonable
contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it covers? If
not, what changes would make it so?"

This seems to be well-written, no nits.

One question, on the top of page 3:

   ... Note that two different keys
   may have the same key tag.  However, the key must always be
   transformed to the format it would have as the public key portion of
   a DNSKEY RR before the key tag is computed.  

Just curious about the lower-case may and must here - should they use
RFC 2119 
terminology or just reworded. I was confused if they are MAY & MUST or
something
else.

Otherwise, I think it is ready.

John

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art