Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-ietf-sieve-variables-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 08:44:38 +0300

A quick gen-art review.

One line summary: "Ready, with one nit."

The nit is:

In the 1st page header, it says: "Updates: 3028"

   In the Meta-info section, it says:

   This draft is intended to be an extension to the Sieve mail filtering
   language, available from the RFC repository as
   <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3028.txt>.

--> shouldn't say what it updates (section numbers, etc.)?  Also
shouldn't this
    info be carried in the Abstract?

thanks,
John

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:13:33 +0100

[email-masked] wrote:

>--> shouldn't say what it updates (section numbers, etc.)?
>
RFC 3028 doesn't allow for variables. But I can't think of an obvious 
section(s) in the base document that the variables draft updates.

> <> Also shouldn't this info be carried in the Abstract?

It is already described in details:

   In advanced mail filtering rule sets, it is useful to keep state or
   configuration details across rules.  This extension to the filtering
   language Sieve changes the interpretation of strings, adds an action
   to store data in variables, and supplies a new test so that the value
   of a string can be examined.

Regards,
Alexey