Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmon2-v2-05.txt

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:46:16 +0100

Document: draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmon2-v2-05.txt
Reviewer: Harald Alvestrand
Date: Nov 25, 2005
Summary: Ready

This is an extremely complex document.
In fact, I would claim that this document (at 163 pages) makes one of the 
better arguments for the inclusion of diagrams in RFCs I've seen; to really 
parse this document, paper and pencil would be absolutely necessary.

The prose is clear and well-written, and the updates to the RMON2 MIB seem 
quite reasonable - it is nice to see a spec that formally deprecates 
components that didn't get implementations!

Note: Perhaps try to make it clear to the RFC Editor that this document 
obsoletes both RFC 2021 and RFC 3273 - this wasn't blindingly obvious to me 
until I understood that RFC 3273 (Proposed in 2002) contained the pieces 
that were added to 2021 in order to create the complete object that we're 
considering for approval.

I recommend approval.
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art