Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-jones-avt-audio-t38-05

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:56:26 -0600

I was selected as General Area Review Team reviewer for this
specification (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Summary: Well, given that this document is being balloted for publication as 
Historic, I'm not sure what criteria I should be using for the review, but 
I'll assume the bar is lower for Historic than for the original Proposed 
Standard.

Given that it's now two years later than the requested ITU-T date for an RFC 
number, and the reason for publication as Historical is so we can explicitly 
deprecate the use of audio media types for image payloads, I'd suggest 
NO-OBJ.

Thanks,

Spencer

Some review notes:

I didn't see a proposed IESG Note in the I-D Tracker, but I'm sure that 
Allison has text in mind...

At least some of Ned Freed's notes still seem to apply (for example - using 
RFC 3362 as a pointer for UDPTL when RFC 3362 doesn't mention UDPTL), and 
the "does not parse" text Steve Bellovin flagged hasn't changed.

Of course, no surprise that the boilerplate is outdated (since the draft is 
older than RFC 3978)...

>From Nits checking:

idnits 1.84

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:

    Checking conformance with RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate...

  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3978 Section 5.1 IPR Disclosure
    Acknowledgement -- however, there's a paragraph with a matching 
beginning.
    Boilerplate error?
  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3978 Section 5.4 Copyright Line --
    however, there's a paragraph with a matching beginning. Boilerplate 
error?

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
  - It seems as if not all pages are separated by form feeds - found 0 form
    feeds but 8 pages 

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art