Subject: [Gen-art] Reviews uploaded for Dec 15th, 2005

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:45:34 -0600

Hi all,

I've uploaded the reviews received over the past several days:

http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html

Let me know any if you see any other errors or omissions.

Mary.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:16:02 +0200

I was selected as General Area Review Team reviewer for this
specification (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

I've reviewed this document for overall, general issues.  I assume the
MIB doctors have (or will) take care of MIB-specific issues.  Overall, I
found this well written and didn't find any nits.  For what its worth, I
believe this is ready for publication.

thanks,
John

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:16:58 +0200

I've reviewed this document for overall, general issues.  I see that the
MIB doctors have commented on MIB-specific issues.  

Overall, I found this well written and didn't find any nits.  For what
its worth, I believe this is ready for publication.

thanks,
John

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:28:05 +0200

Hi all,

I've reviewed this document for overall, general issues.  I would say
this document is ready, the nits can probably be fixed by the RFC Editor
or during AUTH48.

Thanks,
John

Nits:
1) Abstract: internet -> Internet
2) Expand IV in abstract, please.  

ID Nits tools found some boiler-plate issues:
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:
  * The document seems to lack separate sections for
Informative/Normative
    References.
    
    Checking conformance with RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate...

  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3979 Section 5, para 1 IPR
Disclosure
    Acknowledgement. 

  (rfc3979 Section 5 paragraph 1 text:
    "The IETF takes no position regarding the validity or scope of any
    Intellectual Property Rights or other rights that might be claimed
to
    pertain to the implementation or use of the technology described in
    this document or the extent to which any license under such rights
    might or might not be available; nor does it represent that it has
    made any independent effort to identify any such rights.
Information
    on the procedures with respect to rights in RFC documents can be
    found in BCP 78 and BCP 79.")

  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3979 Section 5, para 2 IPR
Disclosure
    Acknowledgement. 

  (rfc3979 Section 5 paragraph 2 text:
    "Copies of IPR disclosures made to the IETF Secretariat and any
    assurances of licenses to be made available, or the result of an
    attempt made to obtain a general license or permission for the use
of
    such proprietary rights by implementers or users of this
    specification can be obtained from the IETF on-line IPR repository
at
    http://www.ietf.org/ipr.")

  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3979 Section 5, para 3 IPR
Disclosure
    Invitation. 

  (rfc3979 Section 5 paragraph 3 text:
    "The IETF invites any interested party to bring to its attention any
    copyrights, patents or patent applications, or other proprietary
    rights that may cover technology that may be required to implement
    this standard.  Please address the information to the IETF at
    [email-masked].")

  Checking nits according to
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
  - It seems as if not all pages are separated by form feeds - found 0
form
    feeds but 9 pages

  Miscellaneous warnings:

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:38:05 +0200

Resend with correct subject line - sorry.

John 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: 14 December, 2005 14:28
>To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Subject: RE: [Gen-art] Reviews uploaded for Dec 15th, 2005 
>
>Hi all,
>
>I've reviewed this document for overall, general issues.  I 
>would say this document is ready, the nits can probably be 
>fixed by the RFC Editor or during AUTH48.
>
>Thanks,
>John
>
>Nits:
>  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3979 Section 5, para 1 
>IPR Disclosure
>    Acknowledgement. 
>
>    Intellectual Property Rights or other rights that might be 
>claimed to
>  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3979 Section 5, para 2 
>IPR Disclosure
>    Acknowledgement. 
>
>    attempt made to obtain a general license or permission for 
>the use of
>    specification can be obtained from the IETF on-line IPR 
>repository at
>  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3979 Section 5, para 3 
>IPR Disclosure
>    Invitation. 
>
>  - It seems as if not all pages are separated by form feeds - 
>found 0 form
>    feeds but 9 pages
>
>  Miscellaneous warnings:
>