Subject: [Gen-art] Review of draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-09

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:53:41 +0100

Document: draft-ietf-dnsext-wcard-clarify-09.txt
Reviewer: Harald Alvestrand
Date: December 21, 2005
Summary: Ready to go, some comments

This document, at 19 pages, is a clarification of 2 paragraphs in the 
original DNS spec. And I don't think it could have been much shorter.

The content is clear and detailed - sometimes excruitatingly so. And I 
believe the result is logically consistent, despite a few errors in grammar 
that I hope the RFC Editor catches (the Gen AD has asked Gen-ART not to 
spend cycles on those things).

There is a slight logical inconsistency between section 4.2, which says it 
can't forbid NS records at a wildcard name because it's not clear what 
"forbidding" a record in the DNS is, and section 4.4, which (justifiably) 
says that DNAME records at wildcards shold be outlawed, without going into 
the same details found troublesome in section 4.2.1. But I believe the 
recommendations are operationally reasonable, and that's the most important 
thing to me.

Ship it.
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art