Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-06

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 05:04:17 +0100

For background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html.

Document: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-06.txt
Reviewer: Harald Tveit Alvestrand
Date: Jan 14, 2006
Trigger: IESG telechat submission for Informational
Summary: Ready for publication.

This document, despite the caveats in the start ("don't try to use this 
unless you know these 20 other documents by heart") is pretty readable, and 
I think it will prove useful.

It provides for mapping GMPLS terms into ASON terms; I think it would be 
harder to use it the other way around. Mapping's unlikely to be perfect in 
any case, so picking this approach and sticking to it is a Good Thing.

Very well done job!

Nits:

The document introduction contains random blank lines. I expect that the 
RFC Editor will find them and make sure the paragraphs make sense.

In section 3.9.1, H-LSP is not called out as a definition. I noticed only 
because it maps to a specific ITU-T term. Text is clear enough that a 
reader shouldn't be bothered by this, however; not worth holding the doc 
for.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:58:36 +0100

--On lørdag, januar 14, 2006 11:51:17 +0000 Adrian Farrel 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I take this to mean that a new revision is NOT needed as a result of
> GenArt review and the process can continue without further input from the
> authors at this stage.

Yes, that's my opinion.

If you were to recycle the document for other reasons, this might be worth 
looking at, but this is not reason for a recycle.

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:51:17 -0000

Thanks Harald,

Cheers,
Adrian