Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-09.txt

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:11:49 +0100

Document: draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-mtamib-09.txt
Reviewer: Harald Alvestrand
Date: February 16, 2006
Summary: Ready to go, but why does IETF care?

I couldn't find anything wrong with this document.
It's describing a non-IETF technology, with lots of non-IETF constraints on 
how that technology is supposed to behave, including lots of assumptions 
that aren't generalizable at all to other types of phone devices; the model 
of the device that this MIB manages is clearly outside IETF control 
(perhaps that's for the best - I bet it could probably never achieve IETF 
consensus - it's got too many specific design choices).

I don't see why the IETF is running a MIB factory for Cablelabs. But given 
that we do, I don't see a reason to block this document.
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art