Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - Feb 18th, 2006

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:19:55 -0600

Hi all,

Here's the latest round of LC assignments: 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html 

Thanks, 
Mary. 

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins

- 'Node ID based RSVP Hello: A Clarification Statement '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt> as a Proposed
Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-03-02.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-
hello-02.txt

Note: this one puzzles me as this same version was just on the agenda
for 2/16.

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Harald Alvestrand

- 'Accommodating an MTU/MRU greater than 1492 in PPPoE '
   <draft-arberg-pppoe-mtu-gt1492-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2006-03-02.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arberg-pppoe-mtu-gt1492-02.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Joel Halpern

- 'Framework and Security Considerations for Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) 
   Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)-List Services '
   <draft-ietf-sipping-uri-services-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-03-03.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-uri-services-05.t
xt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: John Loughney

- 'TLS User Mapping Extension'
   <draft-santesson-tls-ume-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The TLS User Mapping extension enables a client to send a name hint to
a server during a TLS handshake, enabling the server to locate
necessary authentication credentials, such as X.509 certificates, for
the claimed user.

This aims to solve two issues:

     1) To enable use of legacy PKI implementations where existing
        certificates lack a name that unambiguously maps to the user
        account at the server.

     2) Allow a user to use the same certificate to authenticate to
        multiple accounts, while still being able to specify which
        account the user intends to employ for a particular TLS session.

In the case of allowing legacy PKI, the user mapping hint provide
information that can be used by the server to retrieve any necessary
data, including certificates, to authenticate the user.

The proposed TLS protocol extensions allow additional user mapping
hint types to be defined in the future.  The basic hint type allows
either a UPN (Universal Principal Name) or a DNS hint to be sent to
the server.

The UPN hint enables authentication to a Microsoft domain account
using existing PKI deployments.  Without this TLS protocol extension,
the client certificate must contain a UPN name in the form of the
Microsoft UPN otherName in the Subject Alternative Name extension.

This TLS protocol extension is being implemented by Microsoft in
Windows Vista.  It is expected to be used by enterprise customers with
PKI deployments.  In fact, the development of this TLS protocol
extension is a direct result of requirements raised from the user
community.

This document is an individual submission.  However, the draft was
announced to the TLS WG, and it was presented at the TLS WG session
during IETF 64 in Vancouver.  Comments received from WG participants
were addressed.  After resolving these comments, no further objections
were raised.

IETF LC ends on 2006-03-10.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-santesson-tls-ume-02.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Scott Brim

- 'JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) '
   <draft-crockford-jsonorg-json-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2006-03-10.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crockford-jsonorg-json-03.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: David Black

- 'Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) and Uniform Resource 
   Identifiers (URIs) for the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
(XMPP)
'
   <draft-saintandre-xmpp-iri-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-03-15.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xmpp-iri-03.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies

- 'Experimental Procedure for Long Term Suspensions from Mailing Lists '
   <draft-hartman-mailinglist-experiment-01.txt> as an Experimental RFC

NOTE: This is a Last Call under RFC 3933 (BCP 93). If the IESG approves 
this document, it will become an experimental IETF process document for 
a period of 18 months.

IETF LC ends on 2006-03-15.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hartman-mailinglist-experiment
-01.txt

--------------------------- 

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 12:49:08 -0600

A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - Feb 18th, 2006I am, of course, equally confused :-)

I don't have any additional comments for this draft as a PS.

Thanks,

Spencer
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Mary Barnes 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 11:19 AM
  Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - Feb 18th, 2006

  Hi all, 

  Thanks, 
  Mary. 

  - 'Node ID based RSVP Hello: A Clarification Statement ' 
     <draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard 

  The file can be obtained via 
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt 

  Note: this one puzzles me as this same version was just on the agenda for 2/16. 

  - 'Framework and Security Considerations for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
     Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)-List Services ' 
     <draft-ietf-sipping-uri-services-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard 

  The file can be obtained via 
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-uri-services-05.txt 

  - 'Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) and Uniform Resource 
     Identifiers (URIs) for the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) 
  ' 
     <draft-saintandre-xmpp-iri-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard 

  The file can be obtained via 
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hartman-mailinglist-experiment-01.txt 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:24:26 +0100

> I don't have any additional comments for this draft as a PS.

...

>   Note: this one puzzles me as this same version was just on the agenda for 2/16. 

It's because some amateur lawyers in the IESG believed that we need to
repeat the last call due to the change of category. Path of least
resistance.

   Brian