Subject: RE: [Gen-art] Reviews uploaded for Feb 16th, 2006

From: "Scott Brim \(sbrim\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:07:08 -0500

How does one review a MIB anyway?  I can barely spell it.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:15:55 -0500

I usually do a couple of things:

I make sure that the description of the structure (which is english) 
is understandable.  And if I know enough about the technology, I make 
sure that the description makes sense with the technology.

I read through the tables and elements.  I make sure I can figure out 
how things are related / indexed.

And I read the description clauses to make sure it is clear what each 
object represents.  (It is surprising what one uncovers that way.)

Note that even if you just read the english, you are 
contributing.  Very often, it has been a long time since anyone 
actually read the english.  Much less tried to understand it.

Yours,
Joel