Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:24:48 -0600

I was selected as General Area Review Team reviewer for this specification
(for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Summary: This document is on the right track for publication as a BCP. 
Although the document is pretty densely written, it's not too hard to 
follow, especially given that this draft is a clarification of an existing 
specification, so not something a implementer would pick up without any 
previous background on the topic area.

Review comment: There was one point that I wish was explained better - there 
are five different places in the draft where a statement like "use of 
Node-ID based Hello session is optimal for detecting signaling adjacency 
failure" is made , but "optimal" is never explained or put in context. I can 
guess what I think it means, but I'm guessing, and a sentence or two of 
explanation might make the document clearer for many readers.

Thanks,

Spencer 

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:05:23 -0500

The notes say: A new rev is expected Feb 9 or 10 to address some AD
review comments and a comment from Sam Hartman on MD5 usage.

That new rev hasn't happened.  I'm inclined to wait.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:10:58 +0200

Updated version is available here - it was submitted on Friday.

John

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-1
1.txt 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] 
>[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext Scott W Brim
>Sent: 13 February, 2006 16:05
>Cc: General Area Review Team
>Subject: [Gen-art] Non-review of draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-10.txt
>
>The notes say: A new rev is expected Feb 9 or 10 to address 
>some AD review comments and a comment from Sam Hartman on MD5 usage.
>