Subject: RE: [Gen-art] Assignment: draft-ietf-netconf-prot-11.txt

From: "Rob Enns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:35:42 -0800

Here are the proposed changes.

------------------
Page 18:

Add these 2 paragraphs to section 5.2:

    NETCONF carries configuration data inside the <config> element
    that is specific to device's data model.  The protocol treats the
    contents of that element as opaque data.  The device uses
    capabilities to announce the set of data models which the
    device implements.  The capability definition details the
    operation and constraints imposed by data model.

    Devices and managers may support multiple data models, 
    including both standard and proprietary data models.  

------------------
Page 36:

OLD:
      element can appear as the <config> parameter and should identify a
      local configuration file.

NEW:
      element can appear instead of the <config> parameter and should 
      identify a local configuration file.

------------------
Page 39:

OLD:

      config:

         Portion of the configuration subtree to edit.

NEW:

      config:

         A hierarchy of configuration data as defined by one of the
         device's data models.  The contents MUST be placed in an
         appropriate namespace, to allow the device to detect the
         appropriate data model, and the contents MUST follow the
         constraints of that data model, as defined by its capability
         definition.  Capabilities are discussed in Section 8.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:29:49 +0100

I'm ready to go NO OBJECTION when I see these in the tracker.
I am happy with the -ssh draft too.

     Brian