Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-name-lookups-15

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:43:52 +0200

Intended Status:  Experimental  

As this is intended as an experimental document, and that it clearly
describes
the applicability of the protocol & its documenting existing
implementations,
I would vote no obj for this document.

John

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:59:11 +0200

Intended Status:  Proposed Standard  

1) Having read this several times, I would suggest a DISCUSS, due to the
IANA considerations section.  I do not think that the IANA consideration
section give enough guidence to the expert reviewer about what makes a
good token.  Also, I found many of the location types confusing, for
example:

  water:

      The person is on water, such as an ocean, lake, river, canal or
      other waterway.

 watercraft:

      The person is traveling in a boat or ship.

What about a swimmer or SCUBA diver?  What if the boat is not moving, is
it still traveling? My gut feeling is that the place needs to be
separate from the action.  Addtionally, prepositions should be separate
from the place (i.e. - on, in, above, under, etc.).

In summary - the location places should be just locations, there should
be no linkage to the activity of the target with respect to the
location.

2) The IANA Consideration section says:

   To ensure widespread usability across protocols, tokens should follow
   the character set restrictions for XML Names.

Should this have a reference?  I'm not sure where to find these
restrictions.

John