Subject: RE: [Gen-art] gen-art review of draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-dcr (Experime ntal)

From: "Gray, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:15:14 -0400

Authors, et al,

Attached is my review of the specified document, which I am submitting 
as part of the Gen-ART process.  For background on Gen-ART, please see 
the FAQ at <http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Draft: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-dcr-07.txt

My initial reaction to this draft was concern for the potential impact
on TCP's congestion avoidance function in the approach it uses to reduce
the impact on out of order delivery.

However, after reading it through several times, re-familiarizing myself
with the referenced RFCs and asking an expert opinion, I am satisfied
that there are no obvious technical concerns with this work.

The work is well researched and thought out, and has been reviewed by
a number of technical experts.  There are no notable editorial or text
(wording) issues with it.

The ideas are interesting and appear to me to be worthy of experiment.

This draft is ready for publication as an Experimental RFC.

--
Eric Gray

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art