Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-santesson-tls-supp-00.txt

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:20:09 -0400

I was selected as General Area Review Team reviewer for this specification
(for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Document: draft-santesson-tls-supp-00.txt
Intended Status: Proposed Standard (Individual submission via AD)
Shepherding AD: Russ Housley
Review Trigger: IETF Last Call (ends 13 April 2006)

Summary: This document is ready for Proposed Standard. I found one nit:

In the second sentence of section 7 IANA Considerations, the term "TLS 
Authorization Data Format identifiers" is used. I believe that should be 
"TLS Supplemental Data Format identifiers".

I note that RFC 2119 capitalization was used for protocol requirements, 
but requirements on other documents defining specific extensions used 
small letter "must". I would be interested to learn if this is accepted 
policy, since I have charge of an I-D that is defining requirements on 
other documents.

Tom Taylor

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:17:33 -0400

Apologies to all for not following up earlier on one more item. In 
section 2, the enum adding supplemental_data as a HandshakeType has 
"TBD" for the value. I don't see an IANA registry for these values, so I 
assume this has to be filled in at some point.

Looking at draft-ietf-tls-rfc2246-bis-13.txt and comparing the 
currently-assigned values to the order in which the messages occur in 
the protocol, I conclude that the applicable value should lie between 3 
and 10.

---

From: "Stefan Santesson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:14:51 +0100

The updated draft 01 has amended the IANA considerations section
requesting this number to be assigned.

Stefan Santesson
Program Manager, Standards Liaison
Windows Security

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tom-PT Taylor [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: den 12 april 2006 15:18
> To: Stefan Santesson; Russ Housley
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of
draft-santesson-tls-supp-00.txt