Subject: [Gen-art] GenART review of draft-ietf-pkix-cert-utf8-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 00:14:53 -0400

Background for those who may be unaware of GenART:

GenART is the Area Review Team for the General Area of the IETF.
We advise the General Area Director (i.e. the IETF/IESG chair) by
providing more in depth reviews than he could do himself of documents
that come up for final decision in IESG telechat.  I was selected
as the GenART member to review this document.  Below is my review,
which was written specifically with an eye to the GenART process, but
since I believe that it will be useful to have these comments more
widely distributed, others outside the GenART group are included.

This review was done as part of IETF Last Call.

Review criteria: "Is this document a reasonable contribution to the
area of Internet engineering which it covers?  If not, what changes
would make it so?"

This draft is basically ready for publication as a Proposed
Standard RFC, but has nits that should be fixed before publication.

Overall, the draft appears to be a significant improvement and
simplification of this area of certificate and CRL processing.
I found one nit:

The first sentence in the new block of text in Section 5 is not a
complete sentence - if the intent was to apply the same encoding
preference as in section 4.1.2.4, a verb is needed to do so.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:38:55 -0400

Russ, if you want to propose an rfc-editor note I'd be happy to deal
with this.