Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-art review of draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-auth-ecdsa-05.txt

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:28:33 +0300

Hi,

I have been selected as General Area Review Team reviewer for this
draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Draft: draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-auth-ecdsa-05.txt
Reviewer: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 21 April 2006
IETF LC Date: 5 April 2006

Summary:

This draft is basically ready for publication as a PS RFC, but has nits 
that should be fixed before publication. Additionally, this draft does 
not seem to contain any normative language. If the policy for adding 
entries to the IANA registry this draft updates does not require the 
publication of a PS RFC (I have not checked that point), this RFC could 
be Informational instead.

Comments:

The boilerplates should be updated to be compliant with current IETF 
policies.

Acronyms in the title of the draft should be expanded.

In section 3, the draft says: The document defines the following... the 
phrase would be clearer if it said instead: *This* document defines...

The second paragraph of page 4 refers the IANA registry by giving a 
pointer to a reference ([IANA]). The reference [IANA] points to the 
registry using its URI. IANA registries should not be referenced by 
their URIs; they should be referenced by their names. In this case, "The 
IANA Registry for IPSEC Authentication Methods". This should be changed 
in both Sections 3 and 5.

The Security Considerations and IANA Considerations Sections are 
typically the last sections before the References and the Authors' 
Addresses. This draft has a section (Section 6) after the IANA 
Considerations section. I suggest that that section is converted into an 
appendix or moved before the Security Considerations Section.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art