Subject: [Gen-art] gen-art review of draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-11.txt

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:34:08 -0400

Attached is my review of the specified document, submitted as part of
the Gen-ART process.  For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Document:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-reordering-11.txt

Summary: This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits
that
	should be fixed before publication.

Comments:

I felt this document was well-written and easy to understand. I have
some minor comments:

1. In section 2, first paragraph, the term 'backwards step' is used but
not defined, either explicitly or with reference to another document.
Similarly, the terms 'non-reversing reference value' is also used
without definition of reference.

2. In section 3.5, I had difficulty parsing the second paragraph my
first pass or two. Does it mean:
'It is possible to detect Sequence Discontinuities with payload byte 
   numbering, but only when the complete pattern of payload sizes is 
   stored at the Destination, or when payload size is constant and then,

   IN THIS CASE, the byte numbering adds needless complexity over
message numbering'

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art