Subject: [Gen-art] Genart review of draft-ietf-radext-dynauth-server-mib-05 / draft-ietf-radext-dynauth-client-mib-05

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 15:15:34 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for:
draft-ietf-radext-dynauth-server-mib-05
          -and-
draft-ietf-radext-dynauth-client-mib-05

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html.
Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

This draft is ready for publication as a Standards Track document,
except for the following nit:

- The client MIB contains a note to the RFC editor about the reference
[DYNSERV]. However, there is no such reference.

And two substantial questions:

- Can I assume that it has passed MIB Rx Review? (It compiles clean).

- Should this MIB *ever* be used in conjuntion with SNMPv1? I know that
you *recommend* against it. But it seems that divulging the information
in this mib to a hostile party might be pretty bad.

                                      Ron

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:17:08 +0200

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the review, see below for some answers

> except for the following nit:

In fact, the 2 documents are informational.

> [DYNSERV]. However, there is no such reference.

I checked it and the client MIB is Ok, in the server MIB it seems that 
the RFC ed note is incorrect and [DYNSERV] should be replaced by 
[DYNCLNT]. The references in both of the drafts are correct, with the 
exception of the RFC ed note in the server MIB.

> - Can I assume that it has passed MIB Rx Review? (It compiles clean).

Not sure what MIB Rx review is. I compliled the MIB with Smilent.

> in this mib to a hostile party might be pretty bad.

http://www.ops.ietf.org/mib-security.html contains preformatted text for 
the security section and that text was put in the draft. See the text on 
that webpage in the section "-- else if there are no read-write objects 
in your MIB module". The text in the draft is more or less a copy/paste 
from that webpage. Also the other Radius MIBs like 
draft-ietf-radext-rfc2618bis-03.txt are also following the guidelines on 
the mentioned webpage.

regards,
Stefaan

---

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:31:32 -0400

Ok. In that case, you are fine. The MIB Rx is the MIB Doctor Review
group. Your AD will introduce you to them somewhere in the process.

                     Ron