Subject: [Gen-art] RE: Genart review of draft-ietf-radext-dynauth-server-mib-05 / draft-ietf-radext-dynauth-client-mib-05

From: "Nelson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 11:49:56 -0400

> > - Can I assume that it has passed MIB Rx Review? (It compiles
clean).

It has.

> > - Should this MIB *ever* be used in conjuntion with SNMPv1? I know
that
> > you *recommend* against it. But it seems that divulging the
information
> > in this mib to a hostile party might be pretty bad.

I think the standard warning is appropriate.  It SHOULD NOT be used in
conjunction with SNMPv1 in the general case.  There might be some
particular environments, e.g. enterprise LANs with protected management
VLANs, in which the operator is convinced that the use of SNMPv1 does
not give rise to any meaningful security risks.  I think that the
recommendation is appropriate, and one couldn't really mandate what
operators will do, in any event.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art