Subject: [Gen-art] genart review: draft-housley-gigabeam-radio-link-encrypt-00.txt

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:05:37 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for draft-housley-gigabeam-radio- 
link-encrypt-00.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at <http:// 
www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments  
you may receive.
---------

SUMMARY: This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits  
that should be fixed before publication.

NOTE TO OTHER REVIEWERS:
The draft does not have any "Intellectual Property Statement" end- 
boilerplate.
It does have the BCP 76 section 6 paragraph at the beginning, and a  
derivative
works limitation clause

This draft is clearly written. The goal appears to be to provide a  
concrete example of
the kinds of security problems this type of specialized transport  
link should address and
how those problems were addressed in this instance. Enough detail  
appears to be
present to inform discussions around the solution.

The intent does not appear to be to provide a specification for  
completely independent
implementation of this link, or its encryption, but the level of  
detail sometimes seems to go to that
depth (example: 2.4 Differential Encoding - I'm not sure who this is  
useful to other than
an implementor or a field-inspector). That said - those details do  
not overbear the document.

Caveat: I do not have the background to recognize whether the details  
in some of the descriptions
are complete or correct.

If my assumptions of the purpose of the document are correct, this is  
publishable after fixing
the following nits:

There is a typo that upsets the nits-checker in the front  
boilerplate: it wants
"cite them other than as" rather than "cite them other than a"

The reference anchor for [CBC] is missing.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art