Subject: [Gen-art] Genart review for draft-ietf-ipfix-info-12

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:21:11 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft, currently on an IESG
telechat agenda. For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before
posting a new version of the draft.

Summary: I have not yet completed review of this document because it is
rather long. However, I do have a couple of early comments:

1) The automated nit-detector complains that your references are unused.
You can fix this by using the symbol [] around the reference.

2) The document claims to be version 12, but the page footers say
version 11.

3) In Section 3, you spend lots of time defining common data types (eg,
unsigned 8-bit integer). I assume that in the future, other people will
write information models and those models will want to use the same data
types. Shouldn't those type definitions be abstracted into a separate
document?

4) Same comment holds for naming conventions in 2.3.

more comments to come....

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:03:33 -0400

I have no further comments on this document.

                       -ron