Subject: [Gen-art] Review of draft-ietf-dnsext-nsid-02

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:52:22 -0400

This is a GenART review of draft-ietf-dnsext-nsid-02, which is in IETF 
Last Call. Please wait for your AD's instructions before making any 
updates that might follow from this review. For further information 
about GenART, please have a look at

http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html

Summary

This draft is clear. There is one issue that was undoubtedly raised in 
past discussions, but needs to be stated anyway. Other than that, there 
are two typos to be fixed.

Details

1. Section 3.1 describes the design issues that led to the choice of 
representation. The section concludes with three bullets suggesting 
default and alternative usages. The second and third bullets use 
small-letter "should" to recommend that the usages they describe require 
explicit enabling by the operator.

I would have expected to see some of this reasoning captured in the 
Security Considerations section, and those recommendations for 
design/configuration given SHOULD force.

2. Typo, 5th line of the Abstract: "mechanism" -> "mechanisms".

3. Typo, IANA Considerations: "ENDS" -> "EDNS".

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art