Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - July 14, 2006

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:38:31 -0500

Hi all,

I don't usually like to do this, but I put this off earlier in the week
both because I was too busy myself and figured you all were too.  Also,
until Tuesday, I only had 3 backlogged.  Unfortunately, two of these are
past, but this assignment will allow an early review done prior to the
telechat assignment.  

Here's the latest round of LC assignments: 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html 

Thanks to Avri for helping out with so many folks on vacation. And, if I
inadvertently assigned something to someone who told me they'd be on
vacation, please let me know.

Thanks, 
Mary. 

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Robert Sparks

- 'Using OpenPGP keys for TLS authentication '
   <draft-ietf-tls-openpgp-keys-10.txt> as an Experimental RFC

IETF LC ends on 2006-07-10.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-openpgp-keys-10.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Ron Bonica

- 'Information Model for IP Flow Information Export '
   <draft-ietf-ipfix-info-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-07-11.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-info-12.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins

- 'Multiple Authentication Exchanges in IKEv2 '
   <draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-multiple-auth-01.txt> as an Experimental
RFC

IKEv2 supports several mechanisms for authenticating the parties,
including signatures with public-key certificates, shared secrets, and
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) methods.  Currently, each
endpoint uses only one of these mechanisms to authenticate itself.
This document specifies an extension to IKEv2 that allows the use of
multiple authentication exchanges, either using different mechanisms
or the same mechanism.

The document has been stable for some time.  It is also a 3GPP
dependency for their "WLAN Interworking - Private Network access from
WLAN 3GPP IP Access" work item.

IETF LC ends on 2006-07-24.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-multiple-au
th-01.tx
t

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Sharon Chisholm

- 'Observed DNS Resolution Misbehavior '
   <draft-ietf-dnsop-bad-dns-res-06.txt> as a BCP

IETF LC ends on 2006-07-27.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-bad-dns-res-06.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Tom Taylor 

- 'OCSP Extensions to IKEv2'
   <draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

While IKEv2 supports public key based authentication (PKI), the
corresponding use of in-band CRLs is problematic due to unbounded CRL
size.  The size of an OCSP response is however well-bounded and small.
This document defines two extensions to IKEv2 which enable the use of
OCSP for in-band signaling of certificate revocation status.  Two new
content encodings are defined for use in the CERTREQ and CERT
payloads: OCSP Responder Hash and OCSP Response.  An OCSP Responder
Hash CERTREQ payload triggers transmission of an OCSP Response CERT
payload.

When certificates are used with IKEv2, the communicating peers need a
mechanism to determine the revocation status of the peer's
certificate.  OCSP is one such mechanism.  This document applies when
OCSP is desired and security policy prevents one of the IKEv2 peers
from accessing the relevant OCSP responder directly.  Firewalls are
often deployed in a manner that prevents such access by IKEv2 peers
outside of an enterprise network.

IETF LC ends on 2006-08-08.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-myers-ikev2-ocsp-02.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Avri Doria

- 'IMAP4 extension to SEARCH command for controlling what kind of
information 
   is returned '
   <draft-melnikov-imap-search-ret-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-08-08.  

Please note that the document gives an extension of X-DRAFT-I02-ESEARCH;

this is a placeholder for a value to be assigned by IANA.  

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-imap-search-ret-03.tx
t

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies

- 'EAP Password Authenticated Exchange '
   <draft-clancy-eap-pax-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2006-08-08.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clancy-eap-pax-08.txt

---------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art