Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:18:41 -0400

Alexander and Bernie,

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch-03.txt .

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other
Last Call comments you may receive.

This draft is on the right track but has open issues,
described in the review.

The draft is well-written and primarily concerns procedures for
ENUM assignment validation.  It's close to ready for publication
as an RFC, but I found one open issue that needs attention:

The example in Figure 2 uses what appear to be real phone
numbers (or what could be real phone numbers) in Switzerland.
That's not a good idea - see Section 3, subsection 6 of:

	http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html

It's not clear to me whether the fictitious phone numbers described
in the ID-Checklist are sufficient for the examples required
in Figure 2.  If fictitious phone numbers in Switzerland are used,
please describe them as fictitious and please provide the IESG
with a reference showing that they are fictitious so that they
can be added to the Checklist's list of available fictitious
phone numbers.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art