Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:02:30 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch-04.txt.
For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

The issue around use of actual phone numbers in -03 has
been corrected in the -04 version.

The ID checklist does not contain a complete or completely
correct list of fictitious phone numbers for the UK, but
it does contain a link to the official source of that info.
I've added Bert Wijnen to the cc: list for this review as
he's listed as author of that checklist.

The ID checklist says that the UK drama number range is:
    UK: +44-<geographic-area-code>-496-<0000-0999>

The numbers used in the -04 version of the draft are:
	a) (e.g. +44 20 7946 xxxx) 
	b) (e.g. +44 20 79460999, +44 20 794607xx)
	c) (eg. +44 909 8790879)

In a), the "xxxx" might want to be "0xxx", but it's probably ok
as-is.  b) is fine.  c) turns out to be ok, as it's in a UK "drama"
number range not shown in the ID-Checklist, suggesting that an
update to the ID-Checklist may be in order - a sentence pointing
out that only specific UK geographic area codes have fictitious
phone  numbers and that there are additional fictitious phone
number ranges listed on the cited web page would suffice.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art