Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-l3vpn-ppvpn-mcast-reqts-08 .txt

From: "Gray, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:36:17 -0400

Thomas/Mark,

	I am the assigned Gen-ART Last Call reviewer for this document. 
For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at:

	http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html
 
Please consider these comments along with any other Last Call comments 
you may receive, and ask your AD for advice on how to deal with them.

Document: draft-ietf-l3vpn-ppvpn-mcast-reqts-08.txt
Reviewer: Eric Gray

Summary:
I have some "structural" comments/questions/observations, but I believe
this document is otherwise ready to publish as an Informational RFC.

I cannot make a judgement on the "severity" of these comments/questions
and would prefer to leave that to the AD.

Comments/Questions:

The placement of the "Contributors" section is unusual.  It occurs before
the table of contents.  What would be wrong with listing contributors in
(or around) an "Authors' Addresses" section?  I would suggest making two
subsections under "Authors' Addresses" section: Editor and Contributors.

The document makes extensive use of RFC 2119 formality, yet is intended
as an "Informational" RFC.  I believe this has happened previously, so
this is clearly not setting a precedent.   However, it does not make 
sense to me to assert "normative language" in an Informational RFC.  An
Informational RFC that does so could very easily be misrepresented as a 
"Standards Track" RFC.

--
Eric

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art