Subject: [Gen-art] review of draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-experiments-03.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 20:36:42 +0200

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-experiments-03.txt
For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other
Last Call comments you may receive.

Summary: Ready

Minor points (they should be fixed by the RFC Editor):
 - in 1 page 3: a missing closing parenthesis. I suggest to add the
   number of the RFCs too.
 - is "validatable" (in 4 page 7 and 6 page 9) a correct English word?
 - in 10.2 page 13 reference [6] is obsolete: a new version 03 was
   submitted in June.

Regards

[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: David Blacka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:06:10 -0400

> <http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Thanks for the review, Francis!

>  - in 1 page 3: a missing closing parenthesis. I suggest to add the

Sounds good.

>  - is "validatable" (in 4 page 7 and 6 page 9) a correct English word?

Er, I guess not :)  I suggest rewording (from 4 on page 7):

  That is, a zone is either in an experiment and only experimentally
  validatable, or it is not.

with

  That is, a zone is either in an experiment and only possible to
  validate experimentally, or it is not.

And suggest rewording (from 6 on page 9):

  For instance, the resolver may look at a non-validatable response and
  conclude that the response is bogus, either due to local policy or
  implementation details.

with

  For instance, the resolver my look at a response that cannot be
  validated and still conclude that the response is bogus, either due to
  local policy or implementation details.

>  - in 10.2 page 13 reference [6] is obsolete: a new version 03 was

Ah yes.

Again, thanks for the review.

-- 
David Blacka                      <[email-masked]>
Sr. Engineer    VeriSign Infrastructure Product Engineering