Subject: [Gen-art] Gen ART review: draft-ietf-pwe3-cell-transport-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:20:26 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-pwe3-cell-transport-06.txt
Reviewer: David L. Black
Review Date: October 13, 2006
IETF LC Date: Ends October 23, 2006
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard.

Comments: This is a  short draft on how to make the ATM pseudo-wire
encapsulation behave like an ATM network.  Most of the details
are specified in the ATM pseudo-wire encapsulation draft, which
is already in the RFC Editor's Queue.  One has to be familiar with
ATM to completely understand this draft, which is acceptable.

The Intellectual Property Statement showed up in Section 1 - that
was unexpected, but not necessarily something that needs to be
changed.

By itself, this draft is in fine shape, but it's part of the
overall congestion control (or rather lack thereof) situation
for pseudo-wires, as this draft acknowledges in Section 5.
Whether this draft should be held by the IESG as part of managing
the pseudo-wire congestion control situation to an acceptable
conclusion is up to the IESG.  As this is a General Area review,
I recommend that the General Area Director support the Transport
Area Directors on this topic.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Malis, Andrew G." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:31:33 -0700

David,
 
Thanks for your review. As I read it, I have no actions to resolve in the draft, and it is ready for publication modulo IESG approval.
 
Cheers,
Andy

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Fri 10/13/2006 15:20
To: [email-masked]; Malis, Andrew G.; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Gen ART review: draft-ietf-pwe3-cell-transport-06.txt

I have been selected as the General Area Res are made to the RIR.

> 
> Can an Informational RFC define a canonical representation for this
> type of identifier?

I can't answer this. What alternatives are there?

> 
> The author's email address should appear in the Author's Address
> Section; not in a different one.

ack.

> Gonzalo

---

From: "Malis, Andrew G." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:31:33 -0700

David,

Cheers,
Andy

Thanks,
--David

============================================================
The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reproduction,
dissemination or distribution of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Tellabs
============================================================
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art