Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - 19 Oct 2006

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 23:23:55 -0500

Hi all,

Here's this week's LC assignments: 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html 

For convenience, the standard template is included at the end of the
assignments.  

Thanks, 
Mary. 

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Sharon Chisholm

- 'Sieve: An Email Filtering Language '
   <draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-01.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-09.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins

- 'RObust Header Compression (ROHC): Corrections and Clarifications to 
   RFC 3095 '
   <draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-21.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-01.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-21.tx
t

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia

- 'Multi-Topology (MT) Routing in OSPF '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-mt-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-02.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-mt-06.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Eric Gray

- 'A Policy Control Mechanism is IS-IS Using Administrative Tags '
   <draft-ietf-isis-admin-tags-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-02.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-admin-tags-03.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Francis Dupont

- 'IS-IS Extensions for Advertising Router Information '
   <draft-ietf-isis-caps-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-02.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isis-caps-06.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Gonzalo Camarillo

- 'Managed Objects of EPON '
   <draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-epon-mib-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-02.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-epon-mib-05.tx
t

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Pasi Eronen

- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3 Medium Attachment 
   Units (MAUs) '
   <draft-ietf-hubmib-rfc3636bis-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-02.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-rfc3636bis-05.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Robert Sparks

- 'DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV) '
   <draft-weiler-dnssec-dlv-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-15.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weiler-dnssec-dlv-01.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Joel Halpern

- 'Additional ECC Groups For IKE and IKEv2 '
   <draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-ecc-groups-10.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-16.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-ecc-groups-10.t
xt

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: 
Reviewer: 
Review Date:  
IETF LC Date: 
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

Comments:

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:09:22 -0400

>Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments

This document is nearly ready for publication as an Informational RFC.
There are some minor items that should be resolved (or at least 
considered) before approval.

Firstly, IDNits reports a large number if minor issues.  The use of 
normative language does usually require referencing RfC 2119 for example.

Secondly, the IANA considerations wording "It is propose that the id 
column be defined..." is odd.  The document should simply say "This 
document assigns the IDs in table 2, and they should be entered in 
the registry foo (whatever registry keeps those identifiers.)  [If 
there is not a registry, then that needs to be fixed.]

Thirdly, and possibly ignorable, the text on keys (in the later part 
of the base section 2) refers to G without explanation.  I can infer 
that this is the same as the value described (but not named G) in the 
elliptical curve section of RFC 2409.  But a few words describing G 
here would probably be better.
(It is unfortunate but probably unavoidable that none of the 
documents describing the representation of KE are RFCs.  That should 
not hinder this publication.)

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

At 12:23 AM 10/20/2006, Mary Barnes wrote:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-ecc-groups-10.txt