Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Review ofdraft-ietf-v6ops-icmpv6-filtering-recs-02.txt

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:23:26 -0500

I was selected as Gen-ART reviewer for this draft at 01 when it was IETF
Last Called, and the 02 version addresses all of my review
questions/comments.

Good to go, as Informational.

Sorry about the late write-up (but at least it was before the telechat).

I do have one request for editorial mercy. From version 02:

   o  Messages that may be dropped in firewall/routers but it is not
      essential because they would normally be dropped for other reasons
      (e.g., because they would be using link-local addresses) or the
      protocol specification would cause them to be rejected if they had
      passed through a router.

Elwyn and I worked on this paragraph in 01, and the result is still not a
model of English (or American) language clarity. Perhaps

   o  Messages that may be dropped in firewall/routers, but these messages
      may already be targeted to drop for other reasons, (e.g., because
      they are using link-local addresses), or because the protocol
      specification would cause the messages to be rejected if they had 
      passed through a router.

Or something. But this is AUTH48 comment material, NOT telechat comment
material.

Thanks,

Spencer

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art