Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - 2 Nov 2006

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 21:08:42 -0600

Hi all,

Here's this week's LC assignments: 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html 

The standard template is included at the end of the assignments.  

Thanks, 
Mary. 

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Scott Brim

- 'Neighbor Discovery for IP version 6 (IPv6) '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-2461bis-09.txt> as a Draft Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-10.  (LC on -05 ended on 12/22/2005)

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-2461bis-09.txt

Implementation Report can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/implementation.html

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Vijay Gurbani

- 'Mobile IPv6 Operation with IKEv2 and the revised IPsec Architecture '
   <draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-10.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec-07.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Joel Halpern

- 'Address Resolution Mechanisms for IP Datagrams over MPEG-2 Networks '
   <draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-13.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia

- 'Mapping of IP/MPLS packets into IEEE 802.17 (Resilient packet ring) 
   Networks '
   <draft-ietf-iporpr-basic-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-13.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iporpr-basic-03.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Pasi Eronen

- 'Presence Authorization Rules '
   <draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-20.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-08.
txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Gonzalo Camarillo

- 'An IPv6 Prefix for Overlay Routable Cryptographic Hash Identifiers 
   (ORCHID) '
   <draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-05.txt> as an Experimental RFC

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-24.  (Reviewed -04 for Telechat on Sept 14, 2006
- deemed Ready)

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-05.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins

- 'Change Process for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and 
   Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Protocols and Procedures '
   <draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change-06.txt> as a BCP

IETF LC ends on 2006-11-27.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change-06.
txt

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: 
Reviewer: 
Review Date:  
IETF LC End Date: 
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

Comments:

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:16:45 -0500

I'm sorry.  This document left me completely at sea.
The writing style assumes a tremendous amount of domain knowledge.
If this is appropriate, then someone with that domain knowledge needs 
to review this.

For example, some parts of the document seem to treat the MPEG-2 
channel as uni-directional, while other parts talk about 
bi-directional communication.  And there is no overview that 
describes the general operation of the address resolution, so I can 
not even tell what to make of the many data structures and messages 
that are referenced.  (An overview of the operation is particularly 
important if the stream is indeed uni-directional, since I don't know 
what it means to have an address resolution scheme on a truly 
uni-directional channel.)

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

At 10:08 PM 11/2/2006, Mary Barnes wrote:
><http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipdvb-ar-05.txt 
>