Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-hollenbeck-epp-rfc3733bis-05

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:34:00 +0200

Gen-ART review of draft-hollenbeck-epp-rfc3733bis-05

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-hollenbeck-epp-rfc3733bis-05
Reviewer: Pasi Eronen
Review Date: 2006-11-27
IESG Telechat date: 2006-11-30

Summary: This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits
that should be fixed before publication.

Comments:

I reviewed version -04 of this document already during IETF Last Call;
here's a link to my earlier review:

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gen-art/current/msg01390.html

Most of my comments have been addressed, but I have two remaining
nits:

1) The document is not quite consistent on whether the XML document
MUST use UTF-8 encoding, or whether other encodings are allowed (and
UTF-8 is just the recommended encoding). The author indicated 
that "MUST use UTF-8" is the right interpretation, but there's 
some text that needs to be fixed to take this into account.

2) The reference to E.164 is still not quite right: the current
title/date refer are of E.164.1, while the right document to cite 
here would be (AFAIK) E.164. Its title would be "The international 
public telecommunication numbering plan" and date 02/2005.

If there's no disagreement about comment 1, both of these could
be handled just fine with an RFC editor note.

Best regards,
Pasi

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:24:22 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 4:34 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Hollenbeck, Scott
> Subject: Gen-ART review of draft-hollenbeck-epp-rfc3733bis-05
> 

[snip]

> some text that needs to be fixed to take this into account.

I believe that Ted has already entered an appropriate RFC Editor note
for this.

> public telecommunication numbering plan" and date 02/2005.

I don't know what I was looking at when I did -05, but I'd swear it was
an ITU page that said that the 02/05 version was superceded by the
version I used.  Looking again, though, I see that Pasi is correct:

http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-E.164/en

The correct reference should read like this:

[ITU.E164.2005]
International Telephone and Telegraph Consultative Committee, "The
international public telecommunication numbering plan", ITU
Recommendation E.164, February 2005.

The citations should change from "[ITU.E164.2006]" to "[ITU.E164.2005]".

-Scott-