Subject: [Gen-art] Review assignments for 14 December 2006

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 00:12:31 -0600

Hi all,

Here's the assignments for the December 14th, 2006 telechat:
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/reviewers-061214.html

With the updated spreadsheets:
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html

For your convenience, the review boilerplate template is included below.

Mary. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: 
Reviewer: 
Review Date:  
IESG Telechat date: 14 December 2006

Summary:

Comments:

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 10:37:29 -0500

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html). 

This document is almost ready for publication as an Informational 
RFC.  There is one item that should be fixed before publications, and 
several items that should be changed given that a respin is needed anyway.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

Moderate:
1)  In the MPLS recommendation, it is recommended that labels be 
uniformly distributed between 0 and 2^20.  Given that the labels 
0-15  are reserved for special function, and often have special 
processing or discarding, it strikes me that test equipment may well 
get unexpected results if it randomly attempts to use those for 
normal operations.  I would recommend checking the the MPLS standards 
as to the current reserved range, and making sure the random 
assignment stays out of that.

Minor:
         IDNits alerted the fact that the IPv4 address used as 
samples in Appendix C are not RFC 3330 documentation values 
(192.0.2.0/24).  Similarly, the IPv6 example does not use the IPv6 
documentation block assigned by RFC 3849 (2001:DB8::/32)
         In section 4.2, in describing how to create the MAC address, 
the upper byte is anded with 0xFC to clear the global/local and 
unicast/multicast bit so that the address will be a global 
multicast.  there are two minor issues here:
     Using a global MAC address construct from a random number and a 
port number is probably appropriate, but violates the standard.  It 
would probably be a good idea to acknowledge this fact, and explain 
why global (rather than local) addresses need to be used.
     The text refers to the two bits that are being controlled as the 
"high order two bits of taht byte."  While those are the first two 
bits that will be clocked out over the ethernet, they are not the 
"high order" bits in most peoples understanding of the term.

----
OPS Hash and Stuffing: Overlooked Factors in Network Device 
Benchmarking (Informational)
         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-hash-stuffing-07.txt

AD: David Kessens
Reviewer: Joel Halpern

---

From: "Eric Gray \(LO/EUS\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:05:44 -0600

Just to close the loop on this document, I have reviewed the latest
version
and had already indicated to Ross Callon and to the authors that issues
I
raised in my last call review have been addressed.
 
At this point, the draft is ready for publishing as a Standards Track
RFC.
 
--
Eric

________________________________

	From: Mary Barnes [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 1:13 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Gen-art] Review assignments for 14 December 2006

	Hi all, 

	Here's the assignments for the December 14th, 2006 telechat: 
	http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/reviewers-061214.html
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/reviewers-061214.html>  

	With the updated spreadsheets: 
	http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html>  
	http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html>  

	For your convenience, the review boilerplate template is
included below. 

	Mary. 

	I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) 
	reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see 
	http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html> ). 

	Document: 
	Reviewer: 
	Review Date:  

	Summary: 

	Comments:

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:51:13 -0600

Reviews received to date have been uploaded.  Let me know if there's any
errors/issues.
 
Thanks,
Mary. 

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00) 
	Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 12:13 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Gen-art] Review assignments for 14 December 2006

	Hi all, 

	Mary. 

	Document: 
	Reviewer: 
	Review Date:  

	Summary: 

	Comments: