Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-padding-02

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:07:49 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-padding-02
Reviewer: Pasi Eronen
Review Date: 2006-12-04
IETF LC End Date: 2006-12-13
IESG Telechat date: (not known yet)

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed 
Standard RFC.

Comments:

This is a very short document, and in reasonably good shape. 

Even the security considerations section (which says that there are no
additional considerations over RFC2960) is probably sufficient, given
that the padding chunks/parameters are not intended to change
recipient behavior in any way (modulo concerns about covert channels
etc. that IMHO do not have to be described in this document).

One editorial suggestion (that could be handled during AUTH48 if the
draft is not revised for some other reason): It would be helpful if
the abstract mentioned the motivation why someone might want to add
padding to SCTP packets (i.e., path MTU discovery).

Best regards,
Pasi

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art