Subject: [Gen-art] genart review: draft-heffner-frag-harmful-03.txt

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:36:23 -0600

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heffner-frag- 
harmful-03.txt
Reviewer: Robert Sparks
Review Date:  12 December 2006
IESG Telechat date: 14 December 2006

Summary: This draft is basically ready for publication but has a  
boilerplate nit that could be addressed before publication.

Comments:

The results in this document are worth capturing and will be useful  
in further analysis.
Raising the general level of awareness of these issues will be a good  
thing.
This draft is well constructed and easy to read - thanks!

idnits notes the draft doesn't have IETF Trust boilerplate.

Some comments from a personal preference point-of-view:

Consider changing the title to something describing the results  
directly - make this more likely to
find when someone in the future uses the rfc-index to find issues  
with reassembly.

Tuning the abstract to reflect the results rather than the  
consequenses of the results might also
help draw eyes to the document, but I'm not sure how many people  
filter/choose documents based on
the abstract text. On the other hand, a lot of the people you  
probably want to reach have been
de-sensitized to fragmentation/congestion klaxons - your message  
might get out faster without them.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:11:06 +0100

> idnits notes the draft doesn't have IETF Trust boilerplate.

The RFC Editor knows to fix this. (At some point in 2007, it will
become mandatory in drafts.)

     Brian