Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - 7 December 2006

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 00:10:35 -0600

Hi all,

Here's this week's LC assignments: 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html 

The standard template is included at the end of the assignments.  

Thanks, 
Mary. 
--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Scott Brim

- 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Subject Alternative Name 
   for expression of service name '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-srvsan-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-12-18.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-srvsan-03.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Sharon Chisholm

- 'MIDCOM Protocol Semantics '
  RFC 3989 as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-12-21.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3989.txt

Please note that this document contains 4 normative references:

   [MDC-FRM]   Srisuresh, P., Kuthan, J., Rosenberg, J., Molitor, A.,
               and A. Rayhan, "Middlebox communication architecture and
               framework", RFC 3303, August 2002.

   [MDC-REQ]   Swale, R., Mart, P., Sijben, P., Brim, S., and M. Shore,
               "Middlebox Communications (midcom) Protocol
               Requirements", RFC 3304, August 2002.

   [NAT-TERM]  Srisuresh, P. and M. Holdrege, "IP Network Address
               Translator (NAT) Terminology and Considerations", RFC
               2663, August 1999.

   [NAT-TRAD]  Srisuresh, P. and K. Egevang, "Traditional IP Network
               Address Translator (Traditional NAT)", RFC 3022, January
               2001.

These 4 references to informational documents are not what would be
normally considered normative references in a standards track documents.
This is a result of the propsed reclassification from informational to
proposed standard. Therefore this last call explicitly identifies these
as
downrefs. This downref last call according to RFC 3967 shall not be
considred a precedence for using the above reference in the future as
normative references without an last call.

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins

- 'Implementer's Guide for SigComp '
   <draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-impl-guide-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-12-21.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-impl-guide-0
9.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan

- 'RADIUS Filter Rule Attribute '
   <draft-ietf-radext-filter-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2006-12-21.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-filter-06.txt

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies
- 'Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for 
   Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH) '
   <draft-manral-ipsec-rfc4305-bis-errata-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

To provide security services, the IPsec protocols make use of various
cryptographic algorithms.  In particular, the Encapsulating Security
Payload (ESP) and the Authentication Header (AH) protect data that is
sent over an IPsec Security Association (SA).  To ensure
interoperability, it is necessary to specify a set of mandatory-to-
implement algorithms.  This document defines the current set of
mandatory-to-implement algorithms for ESP and AH, as well as
specifying algorithms that should be implemented because they may be
promoted to mandatory at some future time.

IETF LC ends on 2007-01-04.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-ipsec-rfc4305-bis-errat
a-02.txt

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: 
Reviewer: 
Review Date:  
IETF LC End Date: 
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

Comments:

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:17:16 -0500

I'm not an expert at all, but I see nothing to object to.