Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - 25 January 2007

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:37:38 -0600

Hi all,

Here's this week's LC assignments: 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html 

The standard template is included at the end of the assignments.  

Thanks, 
Mary. 

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia

- 'Secure Connectivity and Mobility using Mobile IPv4 and MOBIKE '
   <draft-ietf-mip4-mobike-connectivity-02.txt> as a BCP

IETF LC ends on 2007-02-06. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-mobike-connectivity-
02.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14170&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Robert Sparks

- 'Mobile IPv4 Message String Extension '
   <draft-ietf-mip4-message-string-ext-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-02-06. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-message-string-ext-0
2.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14174&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Ron Bonica

- 'Bi-directional Protocol Independent Multicast (BIDIR-PIM) '
   <draft-ietf-pim-bidir-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-02-07. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-bidir-08.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
5178&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Scott Brim

- 'Authenticated Chunks for Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
'

   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-auth-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-02-07. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-auth-07.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
13224&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Sharon Chisholm

- 'A Telephony Gateway REgistration Protocol (TGREP) '
   <draft-ietf-iptel-tgrep-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-02-07. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-tgrep-08.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
9392&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins

- 'Protocol Extensions for Header Compression over MPLS '
   <draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-02-07. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-hc-over-mpls-protocol
-07.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
13573&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Gonzalo Camarillo

- 'Protocol Independent Multicast MIB '
   <draft-ietf-pim-mib-v2-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This Last Call is being repeated in order to call out the normative
reference to the PIM Dense Mode Spec (RFC 3973, an experimental
RFC).  The MIB was designed such that the PIM-DM objects are only
necessary on a system that implements PIM-DM; there is a seperate
MODULE-COMPLIANCE for PIM-DM (pimMIBComplianceDm) which is
only required for devices supporting PIM-DM.  Since the MIB is
sufficiently modular, the IESG would like to use the RFC 3967
mechanism to permit this normative reference.

IETF LC ends on 2007-02-08. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-mib-v2-09.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
8944&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: David Black

- 'POP3 SASL Authentication Mechanism '
   <draft-siemborski-rfc1734bis-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-02-21. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-siemborski-rfc1734bis-10.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
10914&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan

- 'SMTP Service Extension for Authentication '
   <draft-siemborski-rfc2554bis-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-02-21. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-siemborski-rfc2554bis-07.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
10913&rfc_flag=0

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: 
Reviewer: 
Review Date:  
IETF LC End Date: 
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

Comments:

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:18:38 -0500

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html). 

Document: Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X)
Reviewer: Joel Halpern
Review Date:  January 26, 2007
IETF LC End Date:
IESG Telechat date: (if known)
Intended Status: Proposed Standard

Summary: I presume this document is ready for publication as a 
proposed standard.

Comments:
         I presume someone (in addition to the author) who is very 
familiar with ASN.1 has gone over this.

         While an interesting piece of work, it is not clear why this 
is being published as a Proposed Standard RFC by the IETF.  It seems 
to be much more a W3C kind of document.

         I presume the extensive provision for encoding instructions, 
which would not appear in a native ASN.1 document, is consistent with 
the anticipated use of this document, whatever that may be.  I will 
say that the need to repeatedly specify the effect of the encoding 
instructions makes reading this somewhat difficult document (at least 
difficult for one who is not current on ASN.1) even harder.

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:19:32 -0500

Document:
Robust XML Encoding Rules (RXER) for
                   Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1)
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date:  January 26, 2007
IETF LC End Date:
IESG Telechat date: (if known)
Intended Status: Proposed Standard

Comments: