Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-altman-telnet-rfc2941bis-02.txt

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:07:58 -0600

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-altman-telnet-rfc2941bis-02.txt.

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-altman-telnet-rfc2941bis-02.txt
Title: Telnet Authentication Options
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani <[email-masked]>
Review Date:  January 12, 2007
IESG Telechat date:  January 18, 2007

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a standards track
RFC.

Three nits:

1) The second paragraph of the Abstract and the second paragraph of
  the Introduction (S1) are redundant.  Suggest removing the second
  paragraph of the Abstract.

2) The draft is large enough that it may benefit from a ToC.

3) In drafts that I have written where I have referred to a pending
  RFC, I have always added a note to the RFC Editor.  Something
  like:

    Note to RFC Editor:  Please replace AAAA with the RFC number
    for [7].  Please replace CCCC with the RFC number for [5].

  I inherited this behavior from someone else, so I just assumed
  that was the standard way of getting the RFC Editor's attention.
  If not, then discard the nit and proceed with publication.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
2701 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9F-546, Lisle, Illinois 60532 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
WWW:   http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bell-labs

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art