Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-carlberg-trip-attribute-rp-02

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:27:19 +0300

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call 
comments you may receive.

Document: draft-carlberg-trip-attribute-rp-02
Reviewer: Pasi Eronen 
Review Date: 17 August 2007
IESG Telechat date: 23 August 2007

Summary: This draft is basically ready for publication, but has 
nits that should be fixed before publication.

Comments:

1) The document is intended for Proposed Standard, but has a 
normative reference to an Informational RFC (RFC 2871), which was 
not explicitly mentioned in last call.  However, RFC 2871 is a 
"framework" document, not a protocol specification, so I don't 
see any problem in having this reference (or changing it to
Informative).

2) Editorial nits:

idnits: "The document seems to lack a both a reference to RFC 2119 
and the recommended RFC 2119 boilerplate, even if it appears to use 
RFC 2119 keywords."

The acronym "TRIP" should be expanded in document title and abstract.

Some of the references have been obsoleted by newer documents: 
RFC 1771 -> RFC 4271 
ANSI T1.631 -> ATIS 1000631 (probably)
H.460.4 (11/02) -> H.460.4 (01/07) (the title changed slightly, too)

Some formatting weirdness, e.g. justified text alignment (but the
RFC Editor will fix that).

Best regards,
Pasi

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:22:57 -0700

> see any problem in having this reference (or changing it to

Thanks for catching this (and the rest of the review too). I had a  
look and agree with you that this should have been informative. I  
have added an RFC editor note to move it to Informational.

Thanks, Cullen