Subject: [Gen-art] genart review: draft-salowey-tls-rfc4507bis-00

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:15:56 -0500

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-salowey-tls-rfc4507bis-00
Reviewer: Robert Sparks
Review Date: 21Aug07
IETF LC End Date: 22Aug07
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary: This draft is basically ready for publication as proposed  
standard. It has some
minor nits to consider prior to publication.

Comments:

1) The first paragraph of section 3 says:
        This specification defines a mechanism .... (implying one)
        Implementations ... are expected to support both mechanisms.  
(implying two)
      What are the two mechanisms? Could this introduction be phrased  
to make that more obvious?

2) The caption for figure 2 is misformatted (and contains TAB  
characters)

3) Should the references to 2246 at the bottom of page 5 and in  
Sections 5.6 point to 4346 instead?

I also was curious about whether the cookie approach to detecting  
4507 clients introduced any new
points of vulnerability, but I'm not the person to do that analysis  
so I asked ekr. When you were putting
this together, did you have any discussion about that? Apologies if  
it's just dead obvious there's no
potential issue.

RjS

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art