Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-Art review of draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-02.txt

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 16:45:55 -0500

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-02.txt
Reviewer: Ben Campbell
Review Date:  05 Sept 2007
IESG Telechat date: 06 Sept 2007

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as an informational RFC

Comments:

Due to my being out of touch over the Labor Day weekend, I did not  
receive this assignment until only a couple of days prior to the  
telechat. Therefore this is a lighter-weight review that I prefer to  
give for gen-art purposes. I unfortunately also missed the Tuesday  
before the telechat deadline by a day, but I am sending this in hopes  
it is still useful.

I am not an expert in DHCP, and assume that the DHCP gurus have read  
and are okay with the draft.

But in general this draft seems to be in the spirit of RFC 3942. It  
documents DHCP options for prelinux that IANA lists as tentatively  
assigned to it.  It is describes an existing system rather than  
prescribes preferred behavior, as appropriate for an informational  
RFC. It passes idnits with only the usual 2119 warning.

Therefore to the best of my knowledge this draft is ready for  
publication as an informational RFC.

Thanks!

Ben Campbell.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art