Subject: [Gen-art] Re: IETF LC review: draft-creed-ogc-urn-03.txt

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:30:55 -0400

I have looked at the -03 draft, and this resolves my concerns expressed below.
This, I consider the gen-art summary to now read "This document is 
ready for publication as an Informational RFC."

Thank you,
Joel M. Halpern

-----------------------------------------

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: A URN namespace for the Open Geospatial Consortium
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date:  13-Oct-2007
IETF LC End Date: 22-Oct-2007
IESG Telechat date: (if known) N/A

Summary: This document is nearly ready for publication as an 
Informational RFC.  The following comment
	should be considered before publication.

Comments:
	The document provides a clear description of the reason and basis 
for the registration.
	I am concerned that the document does not seem to provide a stable 
reference for how a user would
find the list of defined OGC resources and the Resource Specific 
Strings.  The description of the OGC process points to a Wiki page, 
and is merely an introduction.  (As a minor note, if this reference 
is to be published in this RFC, then the OGC should plan on 
maintaining an informational page or link at that location even if 
the Wiki is restructured.)
	There is a description of a beta version of a resolver to provide 
the registry.  As this is Beta, it is not clear if that is the stable 
and intended fashion for a user to examine the registry.
	So, while the document says that "The registration tables and 
information will be published and maintain by ONA on the OGC web 
site." I am concerned that this is not enough information.
	Note, as a reviewer who does not live in the URN world on a 
day-to-day basis, it is possible that I am asking too much of the 
registration.  But usually IANA tables are supposed to be such that 
an outside user can find the registered values from the pointers at IANA.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art