Subject: [Gen-art] (full) review of draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfsdirect-06.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:06:48 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfsdirect-06.txt
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 2007-10-10
IETF LC End Date: 2007-10-12
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Almost ready

Comments: I maintain my concern about the abbrevs in the Abstract even
I recognize it is more from the way the nfsv4 stuff is cut out in several
documents...
There are some places where the wording is not so good (the RFC editor
should fix them):
 - 5 page 6: "buffers, lest an RDMA"
 - 5 page 7: unbounded -> unbound
 - 7 page 7: are required by that: thhat -> this and BTW what is the
   specification, RFC 3530?
 - 7 page 8: the two "by IANA".

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: in the batch of IETF LC reviews message I have this warning:

This document contains two downward references ("downrefs"). As required
by RFC 3967, the last call message for this document needs to bring
these to the attention of the community. The downrefs are to
specifications of earlier versions of the NFS protocol, which were
published as Informational, because they had been developed outside the
IETF:

   [RFC1094]
      "NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification",
      (NFS version 2) Informational RFC, 1989.

   [RFC1813]
      B. Callaghan, B. Pawlowski, P. Staubach, "NFS Version 3 Protocol
      Specification", Informational RFC, 1995.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art