Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* LARGE batch of IETF LC reviews - 11 Oct 2007

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:24:27 -0500

Hi all,

Here's this week's LC assignments: 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html 

The standard template is included at the end of the assignments.  

Thanks, 
Mary. 

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Pasi Eronen

- 'Explicit Congestion Marking in MPLS '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-mpls-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-19. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-mpls-02.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15882&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Scott Brim

- 'A Framework for Centralized Conferencing '
   <draft-ietf-xcon-framework-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-framework-09.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
13106&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins

- 'RTP Payload Format for Vorbis Encoded Audio '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-07.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14346&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan

- 'RTP Topologies '
   <draft-ietf-avt-topologies-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-topologies-06.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://dFrom [email-masked] Thu Oct 11 21:29:29 2007
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:24:27 -0500
From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* LARGE batch of IETF LC reviews - 11 Oct 2007

Hi all,

Here's this week's LC assignments: 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html 

The standard template is included at the end of the assignments.  

Thanks, 
Mary. 

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Pasi Eronen

- 'Explicit Congestion Marking in MPLS '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-mpls-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-19. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-mpls-02.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15882&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Scott Brim

- 'A Framework for Centralized Conferencing '
   <draft-ietf-xcon-framework-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-framework-09.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
13106&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins

- 'RTP Payload Format for Vorbis Encoded Audio '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-07.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14346&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Suresh Krishnan

- 'RTP Topologies '
   <draft-ietf-avt-topologies-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-topologies-06.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15112&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Vijay Gurbani

- 'Codec Control Messages in the RTP Audio-Visual Profile with Feedback 
   (AVPF) '
   <draft-ietf-avt-avpf-ccm-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-avpf-ccm-09.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15111&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Ben Campbell

 'RTP payload format for EVRC-WB codec and media subtype updates for 
   EVRC-B codec '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-wb-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-wb-03.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15628&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Brian Carpenter

- 'Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) Staircase and Triangle Forward Error 
   Correction (FEC) Schemes '
   <draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc-06.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
13761&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 

Reviewer: David Black
- 'Network Discovery and Selection Problem '
   <draft-ietf-eap-netsel-problem-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-netsel-problem-08.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
11288&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies

- 'Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes '
   <draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-25. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-04.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14454&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Eric Gray

- 'Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen identity-based encryption 
   algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) '
   <draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-25.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-07.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14992&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Francis Dupont

- 'Identity-based Encryption Architecture '
   <draft-ietf-smime-ibearch-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-25. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-ibearch-05.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14987&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Gonzalo Camarillo

- 'XML Schema for Media Control '
   <draft-levin-mmusic-xml-media-control-11.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-11-05. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levin-mmusic-xml-media-control
-11.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
9391&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Joel Halpern

- 'A URN namespace for the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) '
   <draft-creed-ogc-urn-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-11-05. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-creed-ogc-urn-02.txt

IEatatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15112&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Vijay Gurbani

- 'Codec Control Messages in the RTP Audio-Visual Profile with Feedback 
   (AVPF) '
   <draft-ietf-avt-avpf-ccm-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-avpf-ccm-09.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15111&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Ben Campbell

 'RTP payload format for EVRC-WB codec and media subtype updates for 
   EVRC-B codec '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-wb-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-wb-03.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
15628&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Brian Carpenter

- 'Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) Staircase and Triangle Forward Error 
   Correction (FEC) Schemes '
   <draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc-06.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
13761&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 

Reviewer: David Black
- 'Network Discovery and Selection Problem '
   <draft-ietf-eap-netsel-problem-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-22. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-netsel-problem-08.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
11288&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies

- 'Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes '
   <draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-25. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-04.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14454&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Eric Gray

- 'Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen identity-based encryption 
   algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) '
   <draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-25.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-07.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14992&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Francis Dupont

- 'Identity-based Encryption Architecture '
   <draft-ietf-smime-ibearch-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-10-25. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-ibearch-05.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
14987&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Gonzalo Camarillo

- 'XML Schema for Media Control '
   <draft-levin-mmusic-xml-media-control-11.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-11-05. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levin-mmusic-xml-media-control
-11.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
9391&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Joel Halpern

- 'A URN namespace for the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) '
   <draft-creed-ogc-urn-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

IETF LC ends on 2007-11-05. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-creed-ogc-urn-02.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
12686&rfc_flag=0

--------------------------- 
Reviewer: Michael Patton

- 'URI Scheme for GSM Short Message Service '
   <draft-wilde-sms-uri-13.txt> as a Proposed Standard

IETF LC ends on 2007-11-08. 

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wilde-sms-uri-13.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
8229&rfc_flag=0

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: 
Reviewer: 
Review Date:  
IETF LC End Date: 
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

Comments:

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:52:54 -0400

have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Document: Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) extension for Partial 
Notification of Presence Information
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date:  13-Oct-2007
IETF LC End Date: N/A
IESG Telechat date: 2007-10-18

Summary: This document appears ready for publication as a proposed standard.

Comments: If a revision of the document will be produced, the 
following comment should be considered.

Minor:
     In the description of the Basic presence agent operation 
(section 3.1) The text says that the full PIDF is sent if there is no 
Accept header (right) or if "the Accept header contains the default 
PIDF content type."  For interoperability, a client who provides an 
Accept header will almost always include the default (pidf+xml) 
application content type in its Accept header.  In fact, clients who 
use this document are required to include that.
     I believe that the sentence intended to say that if the only 
value in the Accept header that is supported by the Presentitiy is 
the default, then the full PDIF document will be sent.

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:06:50 -0400

Document: A URN namespace for the Open Geospatial Consortium
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date:  13-Oct-2007
IETF LC End Date: 22-Oct-2007
IESG Telechat date: (if known) N/A

Summary: This document is nearly ready for publication as an 
Informational RFC.  The following comment
	should be considered before publication.

Comments:
	The document provides a clear description of the reason and basis 
for the registration.
	I am concerned that the document does not seem to provide a stable 
reference for how a user would
find the list of defined OGC resources and the Resource Specific 
Strings.  The description of the OGC process points to a Wiki page, 
and is merely an introduction.  (As a minor note, if this reference 
is to be published in this RFC, then the OGC should plan on 
maintaining an informational page or link at that location even if 
the Wiki is restructured.)
	There is a description of a beta version of a resolver to provide 
the registry.  As this is Beta, it is not clear if that is the stable 
and intended fashion for a user to examine the registry.
	So, while the document says that "The registration tables and 
information will be published and maintain by ONA on the OGC web 
site." I am concerned that this is not enough information.
	Note, as a reviewer who does not live in the URN world on a 
day-to-day basis, it is possible that I am asking too much of the 
registration.  But usually IANA tables are supposed to be such that 
an outside user can find the registered values from the pointers at IANA.

---

From: "Carl Reed OGC Account" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:31:15 -0600

Joel -

Have you looked at http://urn.opengis.net/ ? This reference is in the draft 
I am working with but I cannot remember if it was included in the .02 draft 
:-(

This URL will be permanent and the referenced controlled using an OGC 
process for URN governance.

Regards

Carl

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 12:06 PM
Subject: Re: IETF LC review: draft-creed-ogc-urn-02.txt

> Summary: This document is nearly ready for publication as an Informational 
> RFC.  The following comment
> The document provides a clear description of the reason and basis for the 
> registration.
> find the list of defined OGC resources and the Resource Specific Strings. 
> The description of the OGC process points to a Wiki page, and is merely an 
> introduction.  (As a minor note, if this reference is to be published in 
> this RFC, then the OGC should plan on maintaining an informational page or 
> link at that location even if the Wiki is restructured.)
> There is a description of a beta version of a resolver to provide the 
> registry.  As this is Beta, it is not clear if that is the stable and 
> intended fashion for a user to examine the registry.
> So, while the document says that "The registration tables and information 
> will be published and maintain by ONA on the OGC web site." I am concerned 
> that this is not enough information.
> Note, as a reviewer who does not live in the URN world on a day-to-day 
> basis, it is possible that I am asking too much of the registration.  But 
> usually IANA tables are supposed to be such that an outside user can find 
> the registered values from the pointers at IANA.
>