Subject: [Gen-art] Re: LC Review: draft-ietf-simple-xml-patch-ops-03.txt

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:58:57 -0500

The -04 version of this document address the concerns about clarity of
attributes from my review.  Thank you.
This document appears ready for publication as a Proposed Standard.

------

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
Last Call reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document:  An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Patch Operations
Framework Utilizing
                  XML Path Language (XPath) Selectors
Reviewer:  Joel M. Halpern
Review Date:  16-September-2007

Summary: This document appears ready for publication as a Proposed Standard.
    If a revision of the document is needed, the minor comments
below should be considered for inclusion.

Assumption:  It is assumed by this reviewer that appropriate
attention has been given to whether publication of this document
would constitute encroachment on the turf of the W3C, and that
appropriate liaison steps have been taken in order to ensure that the
situation is well understood on both sides.

Comments:
Minor:
        I presume that there is related work in the W3C, and some
reference to that work, or to the absence of such work, would
probably be appropriate in the early part of this document.  If there
is related work, an indication of the differences in target /
approach would be helpful.

        When giving examples in the text, it would be helpful if one
could tell which parts of the example are literal, and which are
substitutable.  For the <add> element, the text talks about the
'type' attribute equalling "@attr", but then it becomes clear that
the intention is an at-sign followed by the name of the attribute to
be added.  It also talkds about the 'type' attribute with the value
"namespace::pref" and I am pretty certain that the intention is that
the value must use the literal string 'namespace' and then the prefix
intended to be used is to appear where 'pref'' appears.  But it is
really hard to tell.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art