Subject: [Gen-art] Follow-up Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-sigtran-rfc4233update-02

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:03:32 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document:  draft-ietf-sigtran-rfc4233update-02
Reviewer:  Christian Vogt
Review Date:  15 Nov 2007
IESG Telechat date:  15 Nov 2007

Summary:  Ready for publication after this nit.

Comments:

This document updates RFC 4233 ("Integrated Services Digital Network
(ISDN) Q.921-User Adaptation Layer").  It changes a message type code to
resolve a type code collision.

After re-reading this document (I had some comments during an earlier
Gen-ART review round), I think you guys should change the abstract and
introduction to the following text.  It's easier to parse:

     This document resolves a message type code collision in the
     Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) Q.921-User Adaptation
     Layer (IUA) protocol [RFC3057].  It changes the message type code of
     the TEI Query Request message [RFC4233] from 5 to 8.  The value of 5
     is already used by a Data Link Connection (DLC) Status message
     defined in the Digital Private Network Signaling System (DPNSS)
     /Digital Access Signaling System 2 (DASS 2) extensions [RFC4129] to
     the IUA protocol, whereas the value of 8 is currently unassigned.

Feel free to copy and paste.

One more nit in section 6:

   s/Christian Vogel/Christian Vogt/  8-)

Regards,
- Christian

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:45:20 +0100

Hi Christian,

fine with me.

Jon, please let me know if you need an updated ID (including
the IANA text change) after the telechat or not.

Best regards
Michael