Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-sipping-pending-additions-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:41:15 -0500

Gonzalo,

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) 
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call
comments you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-sipping-pending-additions-03.txt
Reviewer: David L. Black
Review Date: 10 December 2007
IETF LC End Date: 20 December 2007

Summary:

This draft is on the right track, but has open issues,
described in the review.

Comments: 

I found open issues in Sections 5.1.2 and 5.1.7:

5.1.2.  SUBSCRIBE Bodies

   A SUBSCRIBE for Pending Additions events MAY contain a body.  This
   body would serve the purpose of filtering the subscription.  The
   definition of such a body is outside the scope of this specification.

How is that supposed to be interoperable?  A better approach
would be to prohibit bodies now and allow a future specification
to define them.

5.1.7.  Subscriber Processing of NOTIFY Requests

   NOTIFY requests contain full state.  The subscriber does not need to
   perform any type of information aggregation.

This text doesn't explain "the process followed by the
subscriber upon receipt of a NOTIFY request, including any
logic required to form a coherent resource state (if
applicable)" (see Section 4.4.8 of RFC 3265).  This text
needs to be rewritten and expanded.

---

idnits 2.05.03 found three small nits

  == Line 467 has weird spacing: '... Change  in XM...'

  == Outdated reference: A later version (-07) exists of
     draft-ietf-simple-xcap-diff-05

  == Outdated reference: A later version (-03) exists of
     draft-ietf-sip-consent-framework-01

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art