Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART revew of draft-cridland-imap-context-03.txt

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:58:08 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-cridland-imap-context-03.txt
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 2008-01-22
IETF LC End Date: 2008-02-07

Summary: The document is ready for publication as a standards track RFC.

Comments:
The document is clear and well written. I have some minor comments. 
Please take them at your own discretion.

- Section 3.3 describes an example. However, the last paragraph contains 
normative statement "MUST NOT":

    Note that the initial three results MUST NOT be represented as the
    range 23765:23763.

I think examples are examples and should not contain normative text. The 
normative text should be converted into descriptive text, for example:

    Note that the initial three results are not represented as the
    range 23765:23763 according to ... [add a reference to the section 
or document where the normative text appears].

Additionally, you need to consider whether such normative text is 
already described elsewhere, and if not, add it, but not in a section 
that describes an example.

- First paragraph in Section 4.1 is not really clear at a first sight:

   This extension is present in any IMAP4rev1 server...

I wasn't sure if "this extension" meant "the extension specified in this 
memo" or some other extension that has been earlier described in the 
document. So please clarify which one "this" refers to.

- IANA considerations section. In general, the idea is to mention IANAs 
registries by name not by http reference, since the reference may change 
with time. I suggest to replace Section 7 with something along the 
following lines.

This specification requests IANA to add the following values to the 
IMAP4 Capabilities Registry: ESORT, CONTEXT=SEARCH, and CONTEXT=SORT

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art