Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-sipping-pending-additions-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:23:22 -0500

Gonzalo,

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-sipping-pending-additions-04.txt
Reviewer: David L. Black
Review Date: 29 February 2008
IESG Telechat date: 06 March 2008

Summary:

This draft is on the right track, but has open issues,
described in the review.

Comments:

The following two issues noted the Gen-ART review of the -03
version of this draft do not appear to have been addressed in
the -04 version.

[1] 5.1.2.  SUBSCRIBE Bodies

   A SUBSCRIBE for Pending Additions events MAY contain a body.  This
   body would serve the purpose of filtering the subscription.  The
   definition of such a body is outside the scope of this specification.

How is that supposed to be interoperable?  A better approach
would be to prohibit bodies now and allow a future specification
to define them.

[2] 5.1.7.  Subscriber Processing of NOTIFY Requests

   NOTIFY requests contain full state.  The subscriber does not need to
   perform any type of information aggregation.

This text doesn't explain "the process followed by the
subscriber upon receipt of a NOTIFY request, including any
logic required to form a coherent resource state (if
applicable)" (see Section 4.4.8 of RFC 3265).  This text
needs to be rewritten and expanded.

The -04 draft addresses the partial notification case, but not
the full notification case, unless Section 6.2 was intended to
cover all notification processing, in which case it has the wrong
title.

idnits 2.08.04 ran clean aside from finding a couple of referenced
Internet-Drafts that have revised versions.  The RFC Editor will
remove the version numbers in any case, so it's not important to
correct them.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art