Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-08.txt

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:27:59 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD before
posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-08.txt
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 2008-03-27
IESG Telechat date: 2008-03-27
Summary: The document is ready for publication as Informational RFC.

Comments: The document is clear and well written. here you have a few 
minor comments that may improve the text. Use them are your discretion.

- The formatting of the document is a bit strange. The table of contents
do not contain page numbers. Something funky with dashes (-) in the 4th
paragraph of Section 1.

- On Section 5.4, the text reads:

     Creation, deletion, and modification of LSPs MAY be triggered by
     adjacent layers or through operational actions to meet traffic
     demand changes, topology changes, signaling requests from the upper
     layer, and network failures.

In my opinion, the normative "MAY" does not make sense, because the 
sentence describes an action that takes place in a different node, not a 
requirement for the protocol or the node itself. I suspect that the text 
is trying to cover a requirement saying that "It MUST be possible to 
create, delete, and modify LSPs triggered by adjacent layers ...."

Similarly, Section 5.8.2, 6th paragraph says:

     Virtual TE-links MAY be added, removed or modified dynamically (by
     changing their capacity) according to the change of the (forecast)
     traffic demand and the available resource in the lower-layer.

Probably the text wants to say:

     Virtual TE-links can be added, removed or modified dynamically (by
     changing their capacity) according to the change of the (forecast)
     traffic demand and the available resource in the lower-layer. It
     MUST be possible to add, remove, and modify virtual TE-links in a
     dynamical way.

- Section 5.7, can you expand the term ERO and added to the list of 
acronyms?

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Siemens Networks     Espoo, Finland

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art