Subject: [Gen-art] Review of draft-ietf-l1vpn-ospf-auto-discovery-05.txt

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:02:36 +0100

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.  Thanks.

Document: draft-ietf-l1vpn-ospf-auto-discovery-05.txt
Reviewer: Avri Doria
Review Date: 27 March, 2008
IETF LC End Date: 26 March, 2008
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

I think this draft is nearly ready for publication. It is clear and
the explanations are complete and understandable.

I have two questions below as well as several suggestions and
bit of proof reading trivia.  The suggestions are minor but offered
for completeness sake.

Comments:

a. Questions

On Page 8 - there are 2 instances of SHOULD

1.  re:

 > If more than one L1VPN Info TLVs and/or TE Link TLVs are found in
 > the LSA, the subsequent TLVs SHOULD be ignored by the receiving
 > PEs.

Why not MUST?

2. You indicate that in the case that a new/remove/modified L1VPN LSA
is received and the appropriate PIT can be found the PE SHOULD add
remove or modify.  In which case would it not need to.  I.e. why is
this a SHOULD instead of a MUST?

b. Suggestions:

1. On page 5 LS type 11 - might be good to give its name as well,
i.e. that it is the AS-scope Opaque type, even though the next block
makes that obvious.  While it is explained in the text below, it would
be useful to someone reading the document who did not know/remember
what type 11 was.

2. I think it is very useful that you included a list of common L1VPN
terminology.  It might also be helpful to include in the terminology
section the OSPF is used, e.g.

The reader of this document should also be familiar with [rfc for
ospf].  In particularly the following term:

LSA ...

c. proof reading trivia:

Page 5

 > An L1VPN specific TLV is defined in below to propagate VPN
 >  membership and port information.

drop 'in'

 > it does participate in the flooding of all of the L1VPN LSA

should be LSAs

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art