Subject: [Gen-art] final review of draft-resnick-2822upd-06.txt

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:15:15 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-resnick-2822upd-06.txt
Reviewer: Francis Dupont
Review Date: 2008-04-16
IETF LC End Date: 2008-05-01
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Ready

Comments:

This is the final review, I have only a new question about the idea
to copy the whole ABNF in an appendix as it is done for ASN.1. I
don't believe it is really useful as the ABNF is only a formal
description and is not supposed to be used directly by a computer.
Another argument is it is easy to extract the ABNF in the same way
the ASN.1 is extracted from MIB documents, so if someone wants to get
the syntax part (which IMHO is not the critical part today) (s)he does
not need such help. In conclusion I don't think this appendix is needed
or even really useful.

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: comments from the preliminary review:

This is a preliminary review as the document is pretty long
but I already read the half and found near nothing to signal...

A spelling error: acknowledgement -> acknowledgment
(including Acknowledgements, even there are two spellings the IETF uses
only the other one. The RFC Editor will fix this).

We need a ABNF doctor to check the large amount of ABNF.

About the X-* header fields IMHO there is nothing to change in
this document.
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art