Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews -15 May 2008

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 21:48:20 -0500

Hi all,

Here's the link to the new LC assignments for this week:
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/reviewers-080515-lc.html

The assignments are captured in the spreadsheets: 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art.html 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html 

The standard template is included below.

Thanks, 
Mary. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: 
Reviewer: 
Review Date:  
IETF LC End Date: 
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

Comments:

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:57:21 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html ).

Document: Address Prefix Based Outbound Route Filter for BGP-4
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date: 19-May-2008
IETF LC End Date: 27-May-2008
IESG Telechat date: N/A
Summary: This document is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard

Comments:
	It is conceptually unfortunate that this draft will engrave in 
standards a particular (awkward) structure for specifying prefix based 
filters.  However, as that structure is the wide-spread practice, it is 
not reasonable to object to the standardization on that basis.  Given 
the premise of what is being put forward, the structure is probably the 
most practical to actually use.
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:18:27 -0400

Document: Outbound Route Filtering Capability for BGP-4
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date: 19-May-2008
IETF LC End Date: 27-May-2008
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary: This document is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard.
	If the document is revised, a sentence or two to address the first 
comment below should be considered.  The second comment is informational 
and is not expected to affect the advancement or publication of the 
document.

Comments:
	I believe that the intention for removing ORF entries is that the 
remove request shall contain the full and exact ORF to be removed. 
However, the text merely refers to the "specified entry" without 
explicitly stating how it is specified.
	This document relies on the receiver using the length of message 
information to distinguish the semantics of message content.  I believe 
that this represents rough consensus of the working group.  As the 
mechanism does work, I can not object to publication on the basis of 
that choice by the working group.  However, I can not silently ignore 
the issue either.  In my experience this is a very bad way to structure 
the semantics of information in a protocol.