Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-02.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 17:47:23 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-ietf-enum-softswitch-req-02.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication but I have a comment.

Minor
=====

* Section 4.1 point 3.A

This following text does not make any sense to me.

"
            +  The response includes no URI that can be used to initiate
               a call (such as SIP or H.323) -
               The call fails immediately.
               Note: A domain that DOES exist but DOES NOT include any
               supported NAPTRs was used to indicate that the telephone
               number could ONLY be reached by the Internet.  A
               softswitch receiving this response meant that the call
               could be dropped immediately - it would fail if passed to
               the PSTN.
"

If the phone number can only be reached by the internet it must provide 
an URI to do so. Otherwise it should not have a record in the ENUM. I 
have no idea what this is used for. If you can clarify this a bit, it 
would be helpful.

Cheers
Suresh

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art