Subject: [Gen-art] Christian's Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-sipping-consent-format-06.txt

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 13:52:22 +0300

Hi Christian,

thanks for your review. I am going to submit a new revision of the draft 
addressing Tim Polk's discuss. At the same time, I will address your 
Gen-ART review. See my answers  inline:

> Comments:
> 
> (1) It would be nice if section 3.1 would briefly explain what a
>      condition is -- like sections 3.2 and 3.2.1 explain what an action
>      or translation handling is, respectively.  That would make it easier
>      for the reader to put the rest of the section into context.

In line with Section 3.2, I have added:

"The conditions in a permission document are a set of expressions, each
of which evaluates to either TRUE or FALSE."

> (2) It seems that section 3.2.1. ("Translation Handling") should get
>      the number 3.3.  The introduction of section 3 talks about three
>      parts in a permission document -- conditions, actions, and
>      transformations.  There is section 3.1 for conditions, section 3.2
>      for actions, but a section 3.3 for transformations is missing.  I
>      think current section 3.2.1 is actually meant to be section 3.3.

The section numbering is actually correct. The draft does not define any 
transformation (Section 3.2.1 is about translations, not 
transformations). The last paragraph of Section 3 says:

   "This section defines the new conditions and actions defined by this
    specification.  This specification does not define any new
    transformation."

Thanks for your comments,

Gonzalo
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art