Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Last Call Review of draft-ietf-pce-pcep-12.txt

From: "Eric Gray" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 17:00:42 -0500

Authors,

I was earlier selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) 
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html). 

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd 
or AD before posting a new version of the draft. 

Document:  draft-ietf-pce-pcep-12.txt
Reviewer:  Eric Gray
Review Date:  22 May 2008
IESG Telechat date: 22 May 2008 

Summary: This version is essentially ready for publishing as 
a Proposed Standard RFC, there are a number of minor NITs...

Comments: 
No substantive comments.

NITs:
====

Last line of text on page 7, "inSection" should be "in Section"
_________________________________________________________________

In Figure 1, "Keeplaive" should be "Keepalive"
_________________________________________________________________

Throughout, "Keepalive" is apparently meant to refer to the 
message, "keepalive" to refer to the mechanism and "KeepAlive" 
to refer to the timer.  There are exceptions:

	3rd paragraph on page 16 "KeepAlive" refers to a message.
	3rd paragraph on page 68 "KeepAlive" refers to a message.
	2nd bullet on page 72 "Keepalive" refers to a timer.
	next to last paragraph, page 73, "Keepalive timer", twice.
	2nd paragraph, appendix B, "Keepalive timer" appears.

If there is a difference between the KeepAlive timer and the
Keepalive period/interval/frequency, fine - otherwise there 
are also the following additional inconsistencies:

	1st, 2nd and 4th bullets in 8.1 use "Keepalive" for timers.
	5th paragraph on page 72 refers to a "Keepalive" period.

There is one instance of "Keepwait" state on page 72, all other
references appear to use "KeepWait"...
_________________________________________________________________

In section 10.1 you refer to TCP-MD5 in one place and MD-5 in
another; they should be consistent.

Similarly, "MD5 option", and "MD5 segment checksum" are used 
in section 10.3.1.
_________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art