Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-08.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:36:31 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-08.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication but I have some 
comments.

Minor
=====

* MBZ undefined

I am not aware of any standard definition of MBZ in the IETF. Given 
this, the document needs to define MBZ in its terminology. Something like

"The bits marked MBZ MUST be set to zero by senders and MUST be ignored 
by receivers."

* Section 3.5 Creating Test Sessions
 From my reading of this document I understand that the 
Request-TW-Session command defined here is based on the Request-Session 
command from RFC4656. This is not made explicit in this document. It 
would also be helpful to have a command format ASCII art picture before 
going into defining things. I also think that this section goes too much 
into what OWAMP does, and I feel it distracts the reader. e.g. The 
Conf-Sender and the Conf-Receiver text.

* Section 3.8

I think that the number of sessions field should be set to 0 since there 
are no session description records that follow. Right now this field is 
undefined in the draft.

Cheers
Suresh

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art