Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-enum-combined-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:04:42 -0400

Authors,

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call
comments you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-enum-combined-08.txt
Reviewer: David L. Black
Review Date: 10 June 2008
IETF LC End Date: 16 June 2008

Summary:

This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

Comments:

This is a reasonably straightforward draft describing use of
e164.arpa for an interim Infrastructure ENUM solution.  Pragmatism
outweighs elegance in this domain (e.g., the variable-length
structure of country codes), and this draft outlines a reasonable
pragmatic solution to the problem it addresses.

This draft is in very good shape - kudos to the authors.

A DNS Directorate review should be obtained for this draft.

The UK (+44) phone numbers used in examples are not on the
ID-Checklist's list of fictitious phone numbers, but consulting
the UK Ofcom's official list (linked to the ID-Checklist)
reveals that the  number are in fact fictitious.  This is fine.

idnits 2.08.10 found three rather minor items that only need
to be addressed if a new version of the draft is prepared for
other reasons, as the RFC Editor will handle these in the
normal course of editing:

  == The copyright year in the IETF Trust Copyright Line does not match
the
     current year

  == Outdated reference: draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs has
been
     published as RFC 5067

  == Outdated reference: A later version (-07) exists of
     draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-06

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art