Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-zhou-emu-fast-gtc-03.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:11:22 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-zhou-emu-fast-gtc-03.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as informational RFC 
but I have a couple of comments.

Substantial
===========

* This method uses an ASCII null character '\0' to delimit the username 
and the password. Given that the username can be in the RFC4282 NAI 
format and the grammar allows for a '\0' to be part of the NAI, there 
needs to be some clarifying text on what happens if there are other '\0' 
characters in the response.

Minor
=====

* The draft does not specify what the client needs to do if the R flag 
is set to 0 in the error case. e.g. Some text like this (I do not know 
what the authors intended to do, so take this with a grain of salt) will 
make things much clearer.

"When the server sets this flag to '0' the peer should not prompt the 
user for new credentials to try again without restarting the EAP-FAST	 
  authentication from the beginning"

Cheers
Suresh

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art