Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-bfd-v4v6-1hop-08

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 21:41:34 +0300

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call
comments you may receive.

Document..........:  draft-ietf-bfd-v4v6-1hop-08
Reviewer..........:  Christian Vogt
Review date.......:  2008/06/04
IESG Telechat date:  2008/06/05

Summary:  This draft is basically ready for publication, but has 1 nit
           that should be fixed before publication.

Comments:

This draft describes the use of Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
protocol over single IP hops, for both IPv4 and IPv6.  The document is
well-written, and I have no objections for publishing it.

One small nit, still:  Please clarify the 2nd paragraph in section 2:

    Each BFD session between a pair of systems MUST traverse a separate
    path in both directions.

I am assuming that "path" here is a BFD-specific term, but the message
of this sentence is unclear to me.

- Christian

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: David Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 15:30:18 -0500

Thanks. We got a very similar comment from the sec-dir review by  
Radia. Needs wordsmithing.

-DWard