Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Review of draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation-09

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 17:32:08 +0300

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document..........:  draft-iijima-netconf-soap-implementation-09
Reviewer..........:  Christian Vogt
Review date.......:  2008/07/03

Summary:  This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits
           that should be fixed before publication.

One comment regarding section 3.1.2 ("Session Maintenance in NMS"):

The section says that session maintenance functions at HTTP and at
NETCONF level are necessary to ensure that the same NETCONF service
provider is used every time a given NETCONF application sends a
message.  However, it seems that for this purpose only a session at
NETCONF layer is necessary.  Different messages could be carried over
different HTTP connections, yet still be associated with the right
NETCONF session.  As a matter of fact, the approach proposed in
section 3.1.2 -- carrying session IDs as HTTP cookies -- is a way to
provide a session at the NETCONF level.  It does not create a session
at the HTTP level.

I suggest to clarify that a session is needed (only) for the NETCONF
level, and that session IDs can be carried as HTTP cookies to achieve
this.

- Christian

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art