Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification-11.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:16:45 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification-11.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication but I have a few
comments.

Major
=====

* Section 3.1

"The UDP checksum field in CAPWAP packets MUST be set to zero."

This does not work if the CAPWAP control protocol is run over IPv6
transport since the UDP checksum is mandatory and cannot be set to zero.

Minor
=====

* The reference to DTLS is wrong. It must be RFC4347 instead of
RFC4346(which is the base TLS protocol itself).

* It is not clear what the required scope of the IPv6 All ACs multicast
address is. This needs to be clarified in the IANA considerations.

* I am not sure what the WTP IPv4 IP Address (sic) and WTP IPv6 IP
Address message elements are used for. They look redundant to the CAPWAP
local IPv4 address and the CAPWAP local IPv6 address message elements.
If they are intended for different purposes this needs to be clarified
in the document.

Cheers
Suresh

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art