Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib-12

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 17:22:32 +0300

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document..........:  draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib-12
Reviewer..........:  Christian Vogt
Review date.......:  August 6, 2007

Summary:  This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard
RFC

I have no objections against publishing this document, yet would
suggest considering the following three comments:

- Introductory sections 1 through 4:  References to related documents
   are currently scattered across these sections.  It would in my
   opinion make sense to group all these references in a single
   section, perhaps section 1.  This would make it easier for the
   reader to go back and look them up as it becomes necessary while
   reading the document.

- Security Considerations section:  The vulnerabilities discussed in
   this section do not directly fit into the scope of a Security
   Considerations sections, because they already exist and are not
   introduced by the document at hand:  (i) consequences of
   misconfiguration; (ii) security considerations for MIBs in
   general, such as SET operations in insecure environments, or GET
   operations on confidential data; (iii) security issues in SNMP
   versions older than version 3.  Notwithstanding this, all of these
   vulnerabilities are certainly important for network administrators
   to be aware of.  I therefore suggest adding a paragraph at the
   beginning of the Security Considerations section that explains
   that the document itself does not introduce new vulnerabilities,
   but that the following vulnerabilities of related mechanisms
   should be considered.

- Some nits:

   Abstract:  Packet Switch Network -> Packet Switched Network

   Introduction:  Acronym "PSN" is defined twice.

   Introduction:  Acronym "VT" is not defined.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art