Subject: [Gen-art] gen-art review of draft-ietf-sip-sips-08.txt

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:50:53 -0700

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html ).

Document: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-g711wb-03.txt
Reviewer:         Scott Brim
Review Date:      25 Sep 2008
IETF LC End Date: 02 Oct 2008

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard
RFC. 

Comments:

I'm not an expert, and I didn't have time to thoroughly cross-check
all the pieces of this draft (there are a LOT of overlaps of
information in different parts of the draft), but at the level of
depth I got to, it's very good.  Here are a few small suggestions in
case there is another version:

   Because registering with a SIPS Contact header field implies a
   binding of both a SIPS Contact and a corresponding SIP Contact to
   the AOR, a UA MUST NOT include both the SIPS and the SIP version of
   the same Contact header field in a REGISTER request; the UA MUST
   only use the SIPS version in this case.  Similarly, a UA SHOULD NOT
   register both a SIP Contact header field and a SIPS Contact header
   field in separate registrations as the SIP Contact header field
   would be superfluous.  If it does, the second registration replaces
   the first one (e.g., a UA could register first with a SIP Contact
   header field - meaning it does not support SIPS- and later register
   with a SIPS Contact header field (meaning it now supports SIPS).

Might want to clarify that a second registration with a SIP Contact
header field removes the SIPS registration.

   To emphasise what is already defined in [RFC3261], UASa MUST NOT
   use the "transport=tls" parameter.

typo "UASa" (unless it's mine)

   A registrar MUST only accept a binding to a SIPS Contact header
   field

"MUST only" ... the "only" isn't very visible.  You might capitalize
ONLY, or change the sense of the sentence to make this a MUST NOT or a
MUST.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art