Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-arkko-eap-aka-kdf-06.txt

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:45:10 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-arkko-eap-aka-kdf-06.txt
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia	
Review Date: 2008-10-17
IESG Telechat date: 23 Oct 2008

Summary: The document is ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

Major issues:
Minor issues:
Nits/editorial comments:

I revised version -05, and my comments have been properly addressed.

I have an additional question:

The draft says: The AT_KDF_INPUT attribute carries the Access Network 
Identity and points to 24.302. The draft says that this attribute 
contains an octet string. However, 24.302 says that the Access Network 
Identity is UTF-8 encoded.

I don't think there is a discrepancy between both statements, since 
UTF-8 at the end of the day is an octet stream. But I would like you to 
verify that there is no discrepancy with 24.302.

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:53:56 +0300

For what it is worth, I looked at the octet string issue and my 
assessment was that the current text is OK. The 24.302 spec says its an 
octet string and that the contents are UTF-8.

However, as I performed a review of the entire set of 3GPP 
specifications against the draft, a number of other discrepancies were 
found. We are in the process of fixing these. I think I've Cced Russ on 
key issues at least.

Jari

Miguel A. Garcia wrote:
> UTF-8 at the end of the day is an octet stream. But I would like you 
> to verify that there is no discrepancy with 24.302.
>
> /Miguel
>
>
>