Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-art review of draft-ietf-smime-3850bis-08.txt

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:46:53 +0000

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
_http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html_).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-smime-3850bis-08.txt
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies
Review Date: 25 Nov 2008
IETF LC End Date: 13 Nov 2008
IESG Telechat date: (if known) -

Summary:
This document is ready for the IESG give or take a few minor editorial
nits and the posible requirement for longer key support.

Caveat:  I do not have a really informed view on the cryptographic
minimums.  However it would seem that support for 2048 bit keys should
be at least a SHOULD+ in this version if the RSA house view is cirrect
(http://www.rsa.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2004).

Editorial nits:
- There are a number of acronyms that are not expanded (RSA, DSA, PKCS
were spotted).  Some of these may be considered to be well known within
security circles.

s1: It would probably be good tpo mention that this doc is aimed at v3.2
of S/MIME.

s4.2: s/ex:/e.g.,/ 2 places

s4.2, para 3: s/certificates are included/certificates that are included/

s4.3, (next next) and next last para: s/The first reference/In each
case, the first reference/ (2 places)

s4.4.1, para 2: s/to performing/when performing/

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art