Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC Review of draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm-00

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:51:00 -0600

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm-00
Reviewer: Ben Campbell
Review Date:  2008-11-26
IETF LC End Date: 2008-12-03
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary:

This draft is ready for publication as an informational RFC.

Comments:

(All of these are minor. I think that addressing them could improve  
the draft, but none are important enough to block publication)

--Don't forget the new boilerplate, depending on the timing of  
publication

--Section 3 (Applicability Statement)

This is not really an applicability statement, as it does not  
constrain the scope of applicability for this draft in any way that I  
can see. I suggest moving the text in its entirety either to the  
introduction, or before the related normative paragraph in section 7.

--Section 8 (Security Considerations)

I assume that, in the authors' opinions, no new considerations are  
implied by the use of either of these algorithms, or by the  
recommendation to use the same algorithm for confidentiality and data  
integrity? If so, it would be helpful to state that explicitly.

Thanks!

Ben.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art