Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop-08.txt

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:48:12 +0100

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop-08.txt
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 2008-12-15
IETF LC End Date: 2008-12-19

Summary: The draft is ready for publication as a standards track RFC.

Comments: To the extend of my knowledge, the draft is technically solid. 
I have a number of minor nits that can improve the document. Feel free to 
take them on board as you wish.

- Section 14. RFC 2822 has been updated by RFC 5322
- Section 14. draft-ietf-sieve-body is now RFC 5173. I also believe that 
this should be promoted to a normative reference, given that the document 
imports some of the security considerations in RFC 5173.
- Section 4.1, 6th paragraph, add a formal reference to RFC 5322 (now, 
there is only a string "RFC 2822", but not a formal reference to it or 
its successor).
- Section 7, second paragraph, add a normative reference to UTF-8 [RFC3629].
- Section 11, 3rd paragraph, add informative references to DKIM, S/MIME 
and PGP. I believe this last one should be to PGP rather than OpenPGP.
- Section 12, 1st paragraph. Please mention the registry where IANA has 
to operate. I don't think it is enough to mention "Permanent Message 
Header Fields table".
- Section 12, second paragraph. The policy indicates that references to 
registries should be done by name, not by URL. Modify the URL by the name 
of the registry.

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain
_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art