Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-art review of draft-ietf-roll-home-routing-reqs-06.txt

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:09:49 +0000

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
_http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html_).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-roll-home-routing-reqs-06.txt
Reviewer: Elwyn Davies
Review Date: 22 December 2008
IETF LC End Date: 25 December 2008
IESG Telechat date: (if known) -

Summary: Almost ready for informational status.  I think a discussion of
reliability may be needed, and there are a couple of nits.

Comments:
Abstract/s1:  One could quibble with the assertion that current modern
homes contain high numbers of wireless devices.   It is certainly
expected that in the near future homes will contain many more wireless
devices.

s2.1: Probably need to define 'subnet groupcast' especially as you are
not discussing it further.

s2.6/2.7:  It strikes me that some greater discussion of reliability is
needed in these sections.  Both healthcare and domestic alarm systems
will cause (legal) problems for their manufacturers and/or suppliers if
reliability is inadequate, or there are excessive false positives

Editorial:
Terminology: Definition of Sensor:  s/data/physical quantity/
Last sentence of s1 and s9:  The document claims that the other ROLL
requirements documents are referenced, but in fact they are not.

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art