Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-05.txt

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:50:58 -0600

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).
Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-05.txt
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins
Review Date: 2009-01-19
IETF LC End Date: 2009-01-26
IESG Telechat date: (not known)

Summary: This document is almost ready for publication as an Informational 
RFC.

Minor issues:

In this document, all of the ciphersuite numbers are given as 0xXX,0xXX. If 
I understand the document, IANA should be assigning these values, but I 
didn't see guidance to IANA about whether the ciphersuite values should be 
chosen from the Standards Action or Specification Required ranges. Is it 
implicit that the values would be from Specification Required, because this 
is an Informational RFC?

I'm not a security type, but if the document is revised, it might be good to 
provide that guidance. 

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art

---

From: "Mohamad Badra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 18:12:28 +0100 (CET)

Dear Spencer Dawkins,

The new cipher suites proposed here is very similar to cipher suites
defined in RFC4492, except that use a PSK to authenticate an ECDH
exchange.  Consequentely, the ciphersuite values should be chosen from the
Specification Required range. And you are right, it is implicite since the
document is intented to be Informational RFC.

P.S. I CCed Amanda Baber from IANA that submitted the IANA Last Call
comments on this document.

Best regards,
Badra