Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-sip-certs-07.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 17:50:15 -0500

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-ietf-sip-certs-07.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as Proposed 
Standard, but I have a few comments.

Substantial
===========

* Section 3 deployment scenario 3

How is the password phrase conveyed to the UA if the credential server 
generates the credentials?

* Section 7.6

It is not clear if a UA that PUBLISHES a credential will also 
subsequently SUBSCRIBE in case the credentials are updated from another 
device.

* Section 7.9

I think it needs to be mentioned here that the initial publish will not 
contain a SIP-If-Match header as there is no previous etag. If a 
SIP-If-Match header is required even for an initial request, the example 
in section 8.2 needs to be updated.

* Section 9.1

This section does not cover the relationship between the subscription 
duration and the certificate cache duration. It would be nice if you can 
add some text here to say that the UA MUST NOT cache the certificates 
for a period longer than that of the subscription. This way the UE can 
be notified of any revocations or changes in the certificate.

Editorial
=========

* Intended status is missing (I understand this is targeting Proposed 
Standard based on the tracker)

* Please fix these obsolete references
   -  RFC 3268 (Obsoleted by RFC 5246)

   -  RFC 4366 (Obsoleted by RFC 5246)

Cheers
Suresh

_______________________________________________
Gen-art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art