Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-avt-rtp-uemclip-04

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 11:04:28 -0600

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-uemclip-04
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: Feb. 6, 2009
IESG Telechat date: Unknown

Summary: The draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard.

Major issues: 1 (see below)
Minor issues: None
Nits/editorial comments: 2 (see below)

Major issue: This is a very well-written draft, complete with SDP
examples.  The one major comment I have is in S6.3.1.  More
specifically, the list of guidelines provided are not "additional
guidelines for establishing a session using an offer-answer
model" as much as they are guidelines for using the UEMCLIP format
in SDP.  In other words, the bullet list is not changing how
offer-answer works (and it cannot, obviously); but it is providing
better semantics on how to handle offer-answer exchanges
*containing* UEMCLIP format.  Does that make sense?

The modified text can be as simple as (note the spelling mistake
correction on "Followings"):

OLD:
    Followings are additional guidelines for establishing a session using
    an offer-answer model.

NEW:
    The following is a detailed list on the semantics of using
    the UEMCLIP payload format in an offer-answer exchange:

Nits/Editorials:
1/ In S1, second paragraph:
   s/switched using SDP exchange./changed using an SDP exchange./

2/ In S2, first paragraph:
   s/shift to the wideband./shift to using wideband communication./

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/

---

From: yusuke hiwasaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 10:47:44 +0900

Hi,

Thank you very much for a thorough review of the text!

I agree with your comments, both major and editorial ones. The
suggested changes are quite acceptable to the authors and would like
to reflect them to the next update.

We will wait for Roni's or Cullen's instructions on how we should
proceed.

Best regards,
yusuke
--
============
Yusuke Hiwasaki, NTT Cyber Space Labs.
[email-masked]
Tel: +81-422-59-4815 (Fax: +81-422-60-7811)

At Fri, 06 Feb 2009 11:04:28 -0600,