Subject: Re: [Gen-art] [Gen-Art] Review: draft-ietf-enum-3761bis-04.txt

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:06:38 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html ).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-enum-3761bis-04.txt
     The E.164 to Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI) Dynamic Delegation 

         Discovery System (DDDS) Application (ENUM)
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date: 29-May-2009
IETF LC End Date: 7-June-2009
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary: This document is ready for publication as a proposed standard. 
  The minor and editorial items noted below should be dealt with when 
revision is needed.

Major issues:
	None

Minor issues:
     Section 2 first paragraph has text which says "ENUM compliant
    applications MUST only query DNS for what it believes is an E.164
    number."  I believe that the intend is "...must only query DNS using
    the mechanisms described in this document..."

     RFCs 2915 and 2916 should appear in the references, even though 
they have been obsoleted, since the text refers to them several times. 
In one case the text indicates that clients SHOULD support the obsolete 
syntax.

Nits/editorial comments:
     The text references RFC 3824, but that is not in the references.

     I realize that the Guide and Template ... for Enumservices 
reference will need to be replaced with an RFC reference before 
publication.  But finding the reference to draft -06, when the draft is 
at -16 (and -06 is long expired) is confusing.  (Off by 1, no big deal. 
   Off by 10, and for all the reader knows the content may have shifted 
significantly.)