Subject: [Gen-art] Review of draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata-04

From: "McCann Peter-A001034" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 15:07:11 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html> ). 

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive. 

Document: draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata-04
Reviewer: Pete McCann
Review Date: 05 May 2009
IETF LC End Date: 08 May 2009
IESG Telechat date: unknown 

Summary: 
Ready for publication with minor editorial corrections.

Major issues:
none

Minor issues: 

Section 11:

AUID in the i= flag must always have an '@' sign according to the ABNF
in section 10.  The example AUIDs given ("sub.example.com" and 
"sub1.sub2.example.com") are missing this.  Technically, I guess you
should say "the domain part of the AUID" instead of just "the AUID".

Nits/editorial comments: 

1. Introduction:

   However the RFC4871 specification defines two, potentially different
   identifiers that are carried in the DKIM-Signature: header field, d=
   and i=. 
Suggest removing the ":" after "DKIM-Signature".  Otherwise it is 
easy to parse the colon as part of the sentence structure.

   and specifies and their
SHOULD BE:
   and specifies their

Section 9:

Formatting of the corrected text in Section 9 seems to be a bit messed
up.  Align the 2 production rules.

Section 10:

   if it wishes to offer receivers the option of
   using the AUID as a finer grained, stable identifier than the
   SDID.
Should be:
   if it wishes to offer receivers the option of
   using the AUID as a finer grained, more stable identifier than the
   SDID.

Section 11:

Indent the original text so it is aligned with the corrected text.

Section 13:

Indent the original text so it is aligned with the corrected text.

Section 14:

Indent the original text so it is aligned with the corrected text.