Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-dccp-ccid4-04.txt

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:26:55 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-dccp-ccid4-04.txt
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 6-June-2009
IETF LC End Date: 22-June-2009

Summary: The document is ready for publication as an experimental RFC. I 
have one question with respect to the IANA registration of new codes (see 
below)

Major issues: none

Minor issues:

- In Sections 14.1, 14.2, 14.3, etc., the draft indicates that the IANA 
registration of new codes requires "IESG review, approval, and 
standards-track IETF RFC publication". Considering that THIS draft is in 
the experimental category, is it reasonable to ask future codes to be on 
the standards (and not experimental) track for registration of new codes. 
In other words, this draft does not even qualify itself for registration 
of its own codes!

I think the policy should be according to "Specification Required" (see 
RFC 5226.

Nits/editorial comments:

- A Caption to the figure in Section 8.7 would be nice. For example: 
"Figure 1: Dropped Packets Option". The same applies to the two figures 
in Section 8.7.1.

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain