Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-13.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:00:03 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for
draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-13.txt

For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as Proposed Standard, but I 
just have a minor comment you may like to address.

Minor
=====

* The example ephemeral ports used in section 3 (8293 & 9741) do not 
correspond to ephemeral ports in most well known OS implementations. Is 
it possible to use different example ports?

IANA suggests 49152 to 65535.
Linux uses 32768 to 61000.
Windows uses 1025 to 5000
BSD uses ports 1024 through 4999 (hearsay)

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:45:17 -0500

> BSD uses ports 1024 through 4999 (hearsay)

Suresh: Thank you for your review.  I can fix what you
suggest when I submit the final version to the RFC editor.

Thank you.

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:15:05 +0300

> it possible to use different example ports?

RFC4727 defines port numbers for experimental use, I guess those could  
be used. Or use a dynamic port > 49152.

> IANA suggests 49152 to 65535.

Right.

> BSD uses ports 1024 through 4999 (hearsay)

These are likely bogus. At least BSD is wrong, and I suspect the other  
ones are, too.

Lars