Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-art review of draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-l3vpn-02.txt

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:57:25 -0500

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-l3vpn-02.txt
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: June 11, 2009
IESG Telechat date: June 11, 2009

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard.

The draft has 0 major issues, 0 minor issues, and 2 Nits/Editorial
comments.

Nits/Editorial:

1) In the Abstract, you may want to expand CE and PE, more so
  since you do define them in the Terminology section.  Therefore,
  I assume that they are relatively obscure, or at least not
  commonly known.

2) In drafts containing PDU layouts, I am used to seeing byte
  boundaries as follows:

     0                   1                   2                   3
     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

  to orient the reader on how many bytes/bits a certain PDU field
  occupies.  I do not see such legends in this draft; I do not
  know whether this is a problem or not, but thought I'd point
  out for the sake of completeness.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur IMAP <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:41:34 +0200

Hello Vijay,

Thanks for the review.

We will follow your two editorial suggestions whenever we post a new  
version. (RSVP objects are often illustrated without byte boundaries,  
but I think this is for historical reasons and I don;t see a reason to  
to add those).

Francois