Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-turner-deviceowner-attribute-01

From: "McCann Peter-A001034" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:42:55 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html> ). 

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive. 

Document: draft-turner-deviceowner-attribute-01
Reviewer: Pete McCann
Review Date: 2009-08-27
IETF LC End Date: 2009-08-28
IESG Telechat date: unknown 

Summary: Almost Ready

Major issues: None

Minor issues: 

The Abstract and Introduction are worded in a way similar to 
draft-turner-clearancesponsor-attribute-01.txt and the same
re-wording should be applied as in the discussion with Joel.

Nits/editorial comments: 

Please run the ASN.1 thorugh a syntax checker. 

The word "IMPLICIT" is mis-spelled in the ASN.1 in the appendix.

The choice elements alphaNCountry have a different capitalization
in the appendix (AlphaNCountry).

The syntax checker that I tried didn't like the [0] after Alpha2Country.
I am not an ASN.1 expert so perhaps this is newer syntax.

It looks like there is a missing close-paren after the NumericCountry
SIZE specification.

It looks like there is an exra open-curly before "joint-iso-ccitt".

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:27:15 -0400

Peter,

Thanks for the review.  Responses inline.

spt

> re-wording should be applied as in the discussion with Joel.

Agreed.

> Please run the ASN.1 thorugh a syntax checker. 

I will.  Also noticed that "IDENTIFIED BY" should have been "ID".

> The word "IMPLICIT" is mis-spelled in the ASN.1 in the appendix.

Fixed.

> in the appendix (AlphaNCountry).

Somebody else also caught this.  I have made the change to use lower 
case in the module.

> I am not an ASN.1 expert so perhaps this is newer syntax.

It is a later version ('02).  The OSS syntax checker said it passed 
after I made the changes.

> It looks like there is a missing close-paren after the NumericCountry

numericCountry was just wrong.  The proper size constraints are as follows:

     numericCountry     INTEGER (0..999),

> It looks like there is an exra open-curly before "joint-iso-ccitt".

Fixed.