Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-calsify-2446bis-09.txt

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:52:40 -0500

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-calsify-2446bis-09.txt
Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
Review Date: Sep 16, 2009
IESG Telechat date: Sep 14, 2009

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as a Proposed
Standard.

The draft has 0 major issues, 0 minor issues, and 2 Nits/Editorial
comments.

Nits:

1) Real pedantic nit, sorry.
  S6.1.4 is about eavesdropping  and not data integrity, right?
  But the misuse suffered by a cleartext iCalendar object is
  given both treatments: lack of privacy and loss of data
  integrity.  A simple suggestion would be to remove "and/or
  changed" from S6.1.4, and have a new paragraph as follows:

  Data Integrity
  The iCalendar object is constructed with human-readable
  clear text.  Any information contained in an iCalendar object
  may be changed by unauthorized persons while the object is
  in transit.

2) Acknowledgments:
  s/S.Silverberg/S. Silverberg/

And finally, this is more for curiosity than anything else
  -- are there any provisions for 3rd party event requests in
iTIP (i.e., an assistant sending out a request on behalf
of someone else.)  I could not find any references in
the draft.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:41:53 -0400

Hi Vijay,
Thank you for your review.

>   may be changed by unauthorized persons while the object is

Would it suffice to keep the text as-is but change the title of that 
section to "Eavesdropping and Data Integrity"?

>   s/S.Silverberg/S. Silverberg/

Fixed in my working copy.

> of someone else.)  I could not find any references in

I believe this is covered in Section 2.1.3: 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-calsify-2446bis-09#section-2.1.3>.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:06:39 -0500

> Thank you for your review.

Cyrus: No problem; sorry it was a couple days late.

> section to "Eavesdropping and Data Integrity"?

Sure.

> Fixed in my working copy.

OK.

>>   -- are there any provisions for 3rd party event requests in  [...]

Ah, OK.  Looks like I forgot the earlier sections by the time
I got around to the end of the draft!

Thanks for your attention to the comments.

Ciao,

- vijay