Subject: [Gen-art] A *new* batch of IETF LC reviews - 15 Oct 2009

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 23:15:57 -0500

Hi all,
 
Here's the link to the new LC assignments for this week: 
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/reviewers-091015-lc.html

The assignments are captured in the spreadsheets: 
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/gen-art.html 
http://www.softarmor.com/rai/temp-gen-art/gen-art-by-reviewer.html 

The standard template is included below. 

Thanks, 
Mary. 

------------------------------------------------------------------- 
I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) 
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html). 

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments 
you may receive. 

Document: 
Reviewer: 
Review Date: 
IETF LC End Date: 
IESG Telechat date: (if known) 

Summary: 

Major issues: 

Minor issues: 

Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:33:14 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html ).

Document: draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-03
     OSPFv3 as a PE-CE routing protocol
Reviewer: Joel Halpern
Review Date: 16-Oct-2009
IETF LC End Date: 23-Oct-2009
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary: This document is almost ready for publication as a Proposed 
Standard.

Major issues: -

Minor issues:
	"The OSPFv3 Domain ID is a 6-byte number and its default value
	if none is configured should be NULL."
     NULL is used multiple times in the spec talking about this value. 
But, the field is a fixed length field.  The only conclusion I can come 
to is that NULL means all-zeros.  But the text does not say that. 
Please say it.

     The OSPFv3 Router ID fields is described as "OPTIONAL."  It is 
optional in the sense that it may be set to 0, not in the sense that it 
may be omitted.  I am not at all sure "OPTIONAL" is the right word.

Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: "Padma Pillay-Esnault (ppe)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 07:00:44 -0700

Hello Joel 

Thank you for your review.
Please see below for responses.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Joel M. Halpern [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 3:33 PM
> To: General Area Review Team
> Cc: [email-masked]; Ross Callon
> Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Review: draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-03
> 

[PPE] Correct. The text can be made more explicit with the following
change 

"The OSPFv3 Domain ID is a 6-byte number and its default value is 0."

> may be omitted.  I am not at all sure "OPTIONAL" is the right word.

[PPE] Correct for the interpretation. The text can be changed from 

"The OSPFv3 Router ID is a 32 bit number as in OSPFv2.  This field
      is OPTIONAL and may be set to 0."
To 
"The OSPFv3 Router ID is a 32 bit number as in OSPFv2.  Setting this
field
      is OPTIONAL and  its default value is 0.

Thanks

Padma

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:50:59 -0400

Thank you.  Those changes would address my concerns.
Yours,
Joel