Subject: [Gen-art] GEN-ART review of draft-ietf-behave-turn-uri-03.txt

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 16:33:27 -0400

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer 
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see 
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html). Please resolve 
these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-behave-turn-uri-03.txt
Reviewer: Sean Turner
Review Date: 2009-10-17
IETF LC End Date: 2009-10-29
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary: This draft is basically ready for  publication, but has nits 
that should be fixed before publication

Question: I see that in Section 4 you stop and error if turns/udp is 
selected.  Did you investigate using DTLS?

Minor Comment:

Sec 4, 3rd paragraph Should the "should not" be should not in the following:

Servers blacklisted as described in section 6.4 of 
[I-D.ietf-behave-turn] should not be used for the specified duration 
even if returned by a subsequent resolution.

Nit:

Sec 4 #1: r/If <host> is an IP address then it/ If <host> is an IP 
address, then it

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:35:46 -0400

Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:
> Hi Sean,
> 
> Thanks for the review.  See my comments below.
> 
> Sean Turner wrote:
> TURN currently does not support DTLS (or SCTP or HTTP - I wrote an unpublished
> I-D for TURN over HTTP/HTTPS).  I assumed that the same I-D that would describe
> TURN over DTLS or any other transport would also modify the rules in the
> turn-uri RFC to support it.

I figured there had to be an easy answer.

> Do you mean "SHOULD NOT"?  If so, then yes.  Applied.

Yes I meant SHOULD NOT.  Note that in Sec 4 #3: there's a lower case must:

for the SRV service name defined in <scheme> must be used for contacting 
the TURN server.

> Applied.

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:37:42 -0700

Hi Sean,

Applied.

-- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Personal email: [email-masked]
Professional email: [email-masked]
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 18:01:06 -0700

>>> that should be fixed before publication

[...]

Applied.

Thanks.