Subject: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-idnabis-tables-07.txt

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:56:59 +0200

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-idnabis-tables-07.txt
Reviewer: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Review Date: 14-October-2009
IETF LC End Date: 15-October-2009

Summary: The document is almost ready for publication as a standards 
track RFC. There is one issue with IANA that in my opinion may cause 
confusion, and a number of small editorials.

Major issues:

- none.

Minor issues:

- In my opinion, the IANA considerations sections is not clear enough. 
First, I didn't understand if a new register is to be created by IANA or 
an existing one should change. Second, I don't understand what is the 
name of this registry.

Furthermore, the text in Section 5.2 refers to a table from which that 
registry can be initialized, which apparently appears in Appendix A. So, 
it is not clear if the new register has to be initialized with that 
content or not. And I am not able to locate that table in Appendix A. I 
am not sure if IANA has better abilities than me, but I would suggest 
that the document gives IANA very clear instructions, for example, by 
naming new (or existing) registers, and by providing a table with the 
data as it should go into the registry.

Nits/editorial comments:

- Acronyms should be expanded at first occurrence. This includes IDNA (in 
the title) and IDN.

- Introduction, first line in first paragraph, missing white space:
   "RFC 3690 [RFC4690]suggests"
                    ^^^

- Idnits reports that there are 2 instances of too long lines in the 
document, the longest one being 2 characters in excess of 72.

- Unused Reference: 'IDNA2008-definitions'

/Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia
+34-91-339-3608
Ericsson Spain

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:57:47 +0200

Thanks!

I will take care of this!

    paf

On 14 okt 2009, at 16.56, Miguel A. Garcia wrote:

> - In my opinion, the IANA considerations sections is not clear  
> enough. First, I didn't understand if a new register is to be  
> created by IANA or an existing one should change. Second, I don't  
> understand what is the name of this registry.
>
> Furthermore, the text in Section 5.2 refers to a table from which  
> that registry can be initialized, which apparently appears in  
> Appendix A. So, it is not clear if the new register has to be  
> initialized with that content or not. And I am not able to locate  
> that table in Appendix A. I am not sure if IANA has better abilities  
> than me, but I would suggest that the document gives IANA very clear  
> instructions, for example, by naming new (or existing) registers,  
> and by providing a table with the data as it should go into the  
> registry.
>
>
> Nits/editorial comments:
>
> - Acronyms should be expanded at first occurrence. This includes  
> IDNA (in the title) and IDN.
>